Release: Freight Dogs!

• Aerosoft

Okay, a few days late, but we were just plain stupid to try to release on Friday 13nd. We had problems like we never seen before, from two (!) ftp servers that crashed to internet connections that slowed to a crawl. Never again. But it's done and it is great. We seriously believe that you are not likely to get this much for so small a price.

Check it out at http://aerosoft-shop.com/product_info.php?...cts_id=112& and if you find our servers a bit slow that is because we got a lot of traffic, but more bandwidth will be added in half an hour.

The Product

In the wild border region between Alaska and Canada roads are rare and the weather can make transport by ship and truck an adventures affair. So a lot of goods are transported by aircraft to the small strips that are about as common as a car park in downtown Chicago. The pilots who fly there tend to use older aircraft that are mechanically simple and easy to maintain and are sturdy and highly reliable. They rank amongst the best pilots in the world as they fly on the smallest strips, with very little navigational aids and in the worlds worst weather. They call themselves Freight Dogs.

Aerosoft (in combination for FSAddon) will now bring this flying to your screen with Freight Dogs, an exiting combination of three aircraft, six airports and the module based (meaning it actually expands what flight simulator can do) FS Cargo. All parts are perfectly matched to form a complete extension to Flight Simulator that will give you hours and hours of fun.

The Aircraft

The DHC2 Beaver is the perfect aircraft for the smallest strips and as it comes in an amphibian version (for water and runways) and a tundra wheel version (for real small strips) you will be able to land anywhere. Incredibly strong and versatile, this aircraft will get you into the smallest field. The Beech 18 is more suitable for the larger loads. With the two big radial engines and a load capacity that is only limited by the length of runway needed to take off, it will serve you perfectly in your role as Freight Dog.

Both these aircraft have been designed over 50 years ago, but they are still needed as many bush pilots will tell you that there is no modern aircraft that can do what these aircraft can do. They are legends, but hard working legends. Real workhorses.

The Scenery

Freight Dogs do not need a 300 feet wide runway, with lighting, ILS, VASI and approach maps. A strip of flattened bush and they’ll land there. In fact, a Freight Dog landing at a major airport told his friends back home it was a very short but INCREDIBLY wide runway. To bring the cargo into the airfields of Freight Dogs in good weather you need to be a good navigator and an even better pilot. When you do the same in more normal, meaning lousy, weather you will find that you really need to know what you are doing. The six small airports (three in Alaska and three in Canada BC) are all so close together that your flights will be relatively short. There are two tarmac runways, two gravel runways and two sea plane bases and you will find that each of them has special difficulties. Most are hard to approach when the wind is not favorable because of high terrain and all are hard to find.

The Module

Now you got the airfields and the aircraft, you only need to be told where there is work for you. Freight Dogs get paid for hauling stuff around and FS Cargo will tell you what to pick up, where to take it and how long you got to do it. When you arrive at the airport you will see the cargo waiting for you, so taxi to it, load it and get it to the destination. Fs Cargo will keep track of your performance. Don’t confuse FS Cargo with a standard load manager as is part of many products, it’s not. This is a real extension of Flight Simulator.

Some additional information

Please note that the aircraft are basically similar to the full version of the aircraft that are sold, just some of the functions have been removed. FS Cargo is also nearly identical to the full version, although it lacks the editor that allows you to add airports; it is capable of loading the FS Cargo airport files created by others. Already hundreds are available ad fsaddons.com. Great care has been taken to make the scenery compatible with other addons for the region and you will find that it merges seamlessly with addons as Misty Fjords.

Please note that customers in the US and Canada, will be able to order the boxed version directly from our North America offices, saving a lot on shipping! The boxed version is scheduled for release in Feb 2006.

• Aerosoft
Sweetness! Any word on the scenery only part for those that have the aircraft already? Thanks!

Yes, end of this month we will release "Freight Dogs, The Scenery" and that will be 22.50 Euro, for customers who have the Beaver, Beech, Misty or FSCargo will get it discounted at 15 Euro. Both FSAddon and Aerosoft Online like to make sure that customers can build on what they got.

Btw, the Beaver comes in a slightly different version here and both the Beech and Beaver have new liveries. The new bare metal Beech looks real good.

Ok, that bit I understand. :D

Then will the repaints be made available at any time in the future, separate to the scenery release ??? :?:

Only asking because some of us already own the Beaver, Beech and FSCargo and after purchasing the scenery only product, just would like the repaints to gain the 'full package', so to speak. I didn't want to purchase the entire product to gain the repaints. :wink:

• Aerosoft
Ok, that bit I understand. :D

Then will the repaints be made available at any time in the future, separate to the scenery release ??? :?:

Only asking because some of us already own the Beaver, Beech and FSCargo and after purchasing the scenery only product, just would like the repaints to gain the 'full package', so to speak. I didn't want to purchase the entire product to gain the repaints. :wink:

The repaints also have some additional models adaptations so it is not that clear. But I will sure find some time to sort that out. For now, at this moment, the repaints are only part of the Freight Dogs product

Good morning guys. What a great way to start the day. This is a bush pilot's dream! (though I still consider myself a "freight dog in training" :wink:

I normally am not one to run out and purchase on the first day (like to get user's feedback), but this addon is a hauler's requirement. Ah, I see you will offer up a discount. Since I already have FSCargo (again, going against my logic and purchasing the first day - haven't regretted it since), I suppose I can wait a few weeks for the airfield only version to come out. Very nice for offering the different versions depending on our needs.

I tip my wings to all who took part in developing this interesting niche to our great hobby.

Clutch

The repaints also have some additional models adaptations so it is not that clear. But I will sure find some time to sort that out. For now, at this moment, the repaints are only part of the Freight Dogs product

That's no problem.

I know that the scenery release will be in a few weeks anyway, but I just wanted to ask. More of one for the future I guess.

Appreciate the reply.

:D

Hi Mathjis,

Besides the Freight Dogs red and white (both Beaver and Beech) and the bare metal Beech which are the new repaints in this package?

Is there any risk to damage a previously installed FS Cargo ?

Thanks

Hi Guido,

No risk to FSCargo.... one of the things we have been testing extensively this weekend. If you already have FSCargo installed, then Freight Dogs installer will just skip that part and leave your existing FSC in place.

Hopefully you will include the new aircraft liveries in the Freight Dogs Scenery Package. I asked Mathjis about a bare metal Beech awhile back and he said he would consider it. Hope I don't have to purchase everything I already have just to get that Livery...and the scenery of course. Robin

"Dont look bad" - They're bloody brilliant!!! :)

Give the artist a full tme job on a salary of 30-40K a year, that what I say

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ever told you I like your sense of humor? Well, I do :lol: :wink:

Kidding aside: they're brilliant , you Master Of Repaints 8) .

I remember from the old days: "I did another Twotter" somany times :lol::lol: .

........I remember from the old days: "I did another Twotter" somany times :lol::lol: .

Uuuummmmm, funny you should say that but I was thinking yesteday about digging the twotter kit out of the cupboard, I'll see how much time I get in the next week or so. :D

• Aerosoft

Uuuummmmm, funny you should say that but I was thinking yesteday about digging the twotter kit out of the cupboard, I'll see how much time I get in the next week or so. :D

Okay, the next one to make a beaver/twotter joke that has multiple interpretations will get banned or get a free copy of the Beech. Now there is a challenge, what joke will be funny and accepted and what joke will get me banned....

Are you going to do Twotters again like in the old days? Are there any Twotters left to do then? I thought you already did every existing Twotter there is, plus a few more :lol: .

And to keep you happy, Simon: they all look brilliant 8) .

I must have a Twotter somewhere in my virtual cupboard. Must look where I left that one.

[Edit] Ooops! Hope I'm not banned. Simon is an old pal who can stand a good deal (I hope) :lol: .

Not wanting to head off at a tangent (I didn't start it), but did the meatwater update ever get released for the twotter, and did it include the windows that were sadly missing in FS9?

A guy named Joe and his sister go to the harness races one sunny afternoon to race an old trotting horse they have in hopes they can sell him.

While there he notices a guy with a sign "white beaver for sale". So the guy tells his siter he would like to see one.

Joe walks over and says "hello sir what is a white beaver"? The man replies "they are just that, a white haired beaver". "Can I see one?" Joe says. The man replies "Well it belongs to my wife and you can't look unless you seriously intend to buy". So Joe says, "I'll tell you what, you let me see your wifes beaver and I'll get my sister to show you her twotter later.......

• Aerosoft
A guy named Joe and his sister go to the harness races one sunny afternoon to race an old trotting horse they have in hopes they can sell him.

While there he notices a guy with a sign "white beaver for sale". So the guy tells his siter he would like to see one.

Joe walks over and says "hello sir what is a white beaver"? The man replies "they are just that, a white haired beaver". "Can I see one?" Joe says. The man replies "Well it belongs to my wife and you can't look unless you seriously intend to buy". So Joe says, "I'll tell you what, you let me see your wifes beaver and I'll get my sister to show you her twotter later.......

Okay, I laughed, you win.... Contact info@aerosoft-shop to get a free product.