Autorudder

amirata

Hello

Happy new year for Everyone :groupflip_s:

I have some problem with airbus x extended

I ve a logitech attack 3 joystick. i control the aribusx throttle properly.

But my joy dont have a rudder control,and in iran i cant find the joystick and I found this to by force...... :mecry_s:

Can i control the rudder by keyboard. what is the autorudder button in right MCDU.

Please help me for control the rudder.......... :hi2_s:

Best regards

Thanks dear kidcraig

In MCDU option when i turned on the autorudder the rudder problem dont fix

And I cant control the rudder by keyboard please help me. it Harassment me. :mecry_s:

Best regards :byesad_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

Autorudder only works if both following settings are made:

• AUTORUDDER functionality in FSX - Settings Realism - Flight Controls is set to ON and
  • AUTORUDDER functionality on the right MCDU - Options - Flight - is also set to ON

Hanse

Thanks hanse

But my autorudder button in MCDU and in realism is on.but the rudder pedals in cockpit when i I push it They are not move.

please help me

Thanks hanse

But my autorudder button in MCDU and in realism is on.but the rudder pedals in cockpit when i I push it They are not move.

please help me

Make sure your rudder pedals are calibrated in FSX. Do they work in other aircraft?

hi,

ive got a logitech attack 3 joystick too and it doesnt have a rudder button. when i go to the right mcdu to allow autorudder i go into options-flight and their is not option to allow me to use the autorudder! please help!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

the AUTORUDDER functionality is on the right MCDU - Menu Options - Sub Menu Flight - ...... Please try again and if you still have problem please come back and report ......

post-30406-0-50781900-1357552706.jpg

I have also Logitech Attack 3, Auto rudder is checked under FSX Realism settings and also ON in the MCDU and I can steer the aircraft correctly on taxi and after landing.

But I have a suggestion for Aerosoft on this topic: to link this option "ON" in the MCDU also with the check of the rudder from the checklist, otherwise, that rudder check step will not pass and the checklist will remain at that point and not go automatically further. Is this possible? (as this case applies only when rudder axis is not defined/exists on joysticks).

• Deputy Sheriffs

momo7747,

what do you mean by "it"? Which one of the following is not available?

• AUTORUDDER functionality in FSX - Settings Realism - Flight Controls is set to ON and
  • AUTORUDDER functionality on the right MCDU - Options - Flight - is also set to ON

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi momo7747,

please answer a little bit more detailed.......and see my thread from January 9th where I asked you some detailed questions.......and did you really looked in the right MCDU?

Hanse

Hi guys,

I also have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and the first time I flew the AirbusX Extended several days ago, I ran off the runway due to insufficient rudder control. I checked the flight controls ECAM page, and the joystick is providing rudder input. I wondered about the autorudder and tried it both ON and OFF

I fly these things for a living, and I can only deduce that it may have something to do with the fly-by-wire programming, which is designed to limit G forces during manoeuvres. By applying FULL rudder, I got some directional control on takeoff, but it was very sluggish and even with full rudder, I ran off the runway that first time.

I just had another go, with autorudder on (MCDU and FSX aircraft realism settings) and it was ok. Up to full rudder is needed for directional control, and full backstick was needed to rotate, but the rotation itself follows the SRS (commanded by the flight director) exactly, and is a nice 3 degrees per second. Seems like you have to use full sidestick, and let the FBW take care of the rest, would that be a fair comment?

I'll tell you what though, I'm loving the work you guys are putting out these days, it's getting better and better, and I am in awe of what you produce, considering it's all programming?!?!! It makes me want to keep coming back to see what's next...

Hi guys,

I also have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and the first time I flew the AirbusX Extended several days ago, I ran off the runway due to insufficient rudder control. I checked the flight controls ECAM page, and the joystick is providing rudder input. I wondered about the autorudder and tried it both ON and OFF

I fly these things for a living, and I can only deduce that it may have something to do with the fly-by-wire programming, which is designed to limit G forces during manoeuvres. By applying FULL rudder, I got some directional control on takeoff, but it was very sluggish and even with full rudder, I ran off the runway that first time.

I just had another go, with autorudder on (MCDU and FSX aircraft realism settings) and it was ok. Up to full rudder is needed for directional control, and full backstick was needed to rotate, but the rotation itself follows the SRS (commanded by the flight director) exactly, and is a nice 3 degrees per second. Seems like you have to use full sidestick, and let the FBW take care of the rest, would that be a fair comment?

Hey Chris,

I've noticed that in the first release, I needed complete full back pressure to rotate, but it was nice and smooth, but I'd also come very close to the end of the runway. I've also noticed that (I don't have a tiller, only pedals) I could make very shallow turns on the taxi using a fair bit of pedal, but then if I commanded a touch more pedal, I would start to make a sharp turn, almost too sharp for the amount of pedal input. I don't know if you're following me or not.

With V 1.3 the rotation seems to be way better. You feel like you have more control. Are you running V 1.3?

Sorry, been on the phone to Perth for the past 45 mins.

Aha! I appear to have version 1.02. I only downloaded it a couple of days ago so I just assumed it was the latest. I don't have pedals, but I get what you mean.

I have jusst been to the store to look for the update to V1.3 but I can't see it... Any suggestions?

Sorry, been on the phone to Perth for the past 45 mins.

Aha! I appear to have version 1.02. I only downloaded it a couple of days ago so I just assumed it was the latest. I don't have pedals, but I get what you mean.

I have jusst been to the store to look for the update to V1.3 but I can't see it... Any suggestions?

It should be in your aerosoft account. You can click through to download version 1.30. Or the place you bought it from, go in to your account and look for it there.

Cheers

An interesting thing I noticed was that during turns, the autopilot was commanding full rudder deflection at times - you could see it on the FCTL page on the ECAM - just like I had been doing, and then I guess the FBW was translating that into "enough" for the manoeuvre.

I think what you experienced might be explained thus: the FBW essentially limits the G force around a particular axis. I'm not sure what it is in yaw, but in pitch, elevator authority is about 0.15G so I'm guessing the other axes would be about the same. I'm not sure what the Aerosoft design parameters are, but because it's designed to be G-based, it means the rate of increase of yaw will increase slowly. So you're busy pushing on the rudder pedals, and slowly you start to get some response, which will increase to quite a bit of deflection, but maybe slower than you want, eventually increasing to more than you want. Does that make sense?

I've got a twisty joystick, and by applying full rudder deflection at low speed, I get to see the response before it gets out of hand, and can then adjust it as required, but usually have to hold in quite a bit in one direction or another depending on crosswind etc. The real thing is better of course with rudder pedals, although your legs are working a bit to keep her dead straight at 145kts in some of Melbourne's wind conditions!

• Aerosoft

hey guys i also have problem with autorudder and i also have Attack 3 and in the flight controls checklist i cant move the rudders to full left or right , so what to do now ???

And have you checked the right MCDU? (you do need version 1.03 or 1.03b)

post-43-0-02251100-1357921321_thumb.jpg

1.03, YCVR to KSEA via PAE VOR. Very limited rudder response on take-off.

DTO (direct to a waypoint) started a turn away from the waypoint, left instead of right.

No top of descent arrow.

Whilst in NAV, it wandered off track so I went to heading mode, then selected DTO, and this time it worked OK.

There was no automatic activation of the approach phase, so I did it manually. When arming the APPR, the FMA should read "CAT III DUAL" but only says "CAT I"

I got above the glideslope before capturing the localiser, so I tried to V/S down but it would not let me "pull" the V/S knob with a right mouse click, only "push" it to get V/S 0 and then wind it down from there.

After that, it flew a pretty reasonable ILS I thought, good tracking although it was good conditions, good speed control. Autoland and rollout not too bad either, bit wonky towards the end of the rollout. I disconnected the autopilot, and the warning didn't stop. I also couldn't maintain good directional control, even with full rudder. Is this a "phase of flight" thing designed into the sim?

Cheers

Chris

Archived