london VFR - london city airport (boxed version)

lucatrader

I've got London vfr boxed version with EGCL included as well.

At the moment, it's impossible for me to install any update.

Are those updates needed for the boxed version as well?

regards.

regards.

Maybe not as the boxed version is normally made when the download version is stable.

C'mon Shaun!!!! :wacko:

You as a support member should have access to the database and there you will find easily 3 (three!) available updates for the VFR London X boxed version. As a customer I don't like this attitude of rather guessing instead of just checking very much...

@lucatrader:

As you can see from the description of the updates, they are really recommended and do not only fix some cosmetic issues (unfortunately they don't cover/fix all reported bugs yet...). :(

If your scenery is installed properly than the updates should run perfectly smooth, at least they did in my case.

regards.

Yes I stand corrected, one of the few where a few updates were made after the disc, see the link below on how to obtaIN uPDATES.

https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/entries/21872487-updates

Yes I stand corrected, one of the few where a few updates were made after the disc, see the link below on how to obtaIN uPDATES.

https://aerosoft.zen...1872487-updates

I got an awful stutter in FSX every few seconds when flying with VFR London so I uninstalled it soon after I bought the disc version about two years ago and never used it again. Has the stutter problem been resolved with an update? I even tried numerous different settings in FSX to no avail. I don't get any stutters with Heathrow Mega Airport or other scenery. Thanks.

I got an awful stutter in FSX every few seconds when flying with VFR London so I uninstalled it soon after I bought the disc version about two years ago and never used it again. Has the stutter problem been resolved with an update? I even tried numerous different settings in FSX to no avail. I don't get any stutters with Heathrow Mega Airport or other scenery. Thanks.

This is a very extensive scenery and you have a large airport nearby with lots of AI so what happens if you turn your scenery settings to default.

I found the solution by deleting the file EGLC_lights.BGL in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\EGLC Airport\scenery and now no longer get the stuttering every few seconds in FSX. I found the solution in this older thread: http://forum.aerosof...ith-rwy-lights/

That is one of the "old" bugs and still no update?! What a pity!

Thanks very much for this hint, stt4. It works even on my old system and all of a sudden London City Airport runs very smoothly on my old iron... - sacrificing the runway lights though... What is so difficult to fix there? I have tons of airports with runway lights that run perfectly smooth...

That is one of the "old" bugs and still no update?! What a pity!

Thanks very much for this hint, stt4. It works even on my old system and all of a sudden London City Airport runs very smoothly on my old iron... - sacrificing the runway lights though... What is so difficult to fix there? I have tons of airports with runway lights that run perfectly smooth...

I see a few effects EGLC effects files for the lights in the Effects folder so not sure if these are causing the issue or the actual bgl.

Archived