MCDU SID/STAR Waypoints input with Navigraph cycle 1213

flaixfm

Hi all,

I have some understanding issues with the airbus mcdu. Maybe it's because of i have flown the PMDG 737NGX with mcdu setting, so the airbus mcdu is working different. I hope you can follow me with the pics and comments added.

There are 11 pictures.

now problem nr2

where is the star PSA07S? i before took the approach VOR 07R as this was the only logical appraoch to me

try it out yourself, you dont find it, even not if you go to the next page

post-71429-0-39462400-1356908502_thumb.p

SID is allready set and ok

problem again with the star input:

there is an ILS RNWY 11 approach, called ILS11-X, the added "X" looks very strange to me, is this a correct ILS RNWY 11 approach or something special? The STAR GAML5W is available in the mcdu/database

post-71429-0-28618600-1356908818_thumb.p

after doing this the approach looks ok (RNWY 11 LOWW)

Dispite it looks ok i am not really sure if i am doing everthing right. It seems like when you use navigraph a lot of approaches and stars are missing (sometimes also SID's, for exapmle the WIL3V in zurich, when you start from RNWY 28 to first waypoint WIL). if i use the same cycle in my pmdg 737 ngx i have a lot more star and approaches options, also a lot more sid's.

shall i try the navdata pro of aerosoft? according to the product this airbus should be fully compatible with navigraph data

if you have any questions regarding my problem please dont hesitate to ask, then i'll give you more infos as much as i can

maybe it's just because i am not used to handle the airbus MCDU and you give me 2,3 hints and the problem disappears

post-71429-0-40675900-1356909089.png

Adrijan has it spot on. When you're selecting approaches, STARs or SIDs you need to use the up/down arrow keys to allow you to scroll through all the available choices. I hope this helps.

Uh... did you use your arrow keys...?

You're saying there's no ILS runways... but it's obvious that you have to scroll through them with arrow keys (up/down).

oh man how embarassing :mallet_s: ... i made it with the arrow keys left and right ... dont know why ... must be the jetlag ... sorry for this stupid question

problem is solved :)

Archived