Right MCDU graphics

jack1ca

After getting the right MCDU up and running, the graphics textures are so poor that I cannot read the words clearly. See attached pic.

I've checked the forum to see if this is an isolated instance but there are so many right MCDU topics it didn't seem to fit anywhere else. So.......post-25086-0-20412400-1356886543_thumb.j

Jack

I'd check global texture resolution in your FSX settings (settings -> display settings -> graphic (first tab))... make sure it's maximum (all the way to the left).

Not sure if that causes the problem, though.

Adrijan.........

Thanks for the reply. I checked that area and things are pretty well maxed everywhere. I don't seem to have this problem on any other aircraft. I made one more pic that shows the difference between the graphic detail of instruments (blue) vs graphics in screens (yellow). As things are now, it's very difficult to operpost-25086-0-45344700-1356900350_thumb.jate this aircraft not being able to figure out the details.

Jack

Adrijan.............

That option has been checked but it made no difference. The MCDU graphic are still not quite readable.

Why has this question been listed as solved? Surely not as far as I'm concerned.

Jack

Again, this problem is not even close to being solved.

Why is it listed as solved?

Surely someone within the Aerosoft devlopment group has a solution. If that's not possible, even that knowledge would be good to know.

So.back to the hanger for this bird.

Jack

• Deputy Sheriffs

It has simply marked as resolved, as the solution given above solved the problem for all other users.

Check if the following fonts have been installed:

AirbusDisp.ttf

AirbusDisp2.ttf

AirbusMCDUa.ttf

AirbusMCDUb.ttf

Also make sure that in Windows in the control panel under Display the setting is "Smaller -100% (Default)"

Otto..........

I'm not trying to be a "smart alec", but the fact that the solution(s) you mentioned have helped others have done nothing for me. So why mark the problems as resolved/solved without any notice to me? That leaves me "hanging" with none of the solutions suggested that work, as I had mentioned.

Anyway, moving on, I looked up the four fonts you mentioned and found them in the Windows/fonts area. This is how they are listed, in the same order as you have them, as follows:

AirbusDisp Regular

AirbusDisp2 Regular

AirbusMCDUa Normal

AirbusMCDUb Regular

There was no indication that they were specific to anything but Airbus in general.

Is that correct or am I missing something? Is there another location for the Airbus Extended fonts?

Display setting - Smaller - 100%? - I don't understand what you mean.

Here are my settings:

27" Widescreen monitor w/ resolution of 1920x1080x16

Filtering - bilinear

No antialiasing ticked

Global texture - very high

Advanced animations

Frame rate - 36

Default cockpit - 3D virtual

High resolution 3D - crashes to desktop when that is ticked

My system - Win 7 (SP 1)/ 64 bit, Intel core i7 2600k (3.4/3.7 GHz), 16 Gig Ram, NVidea Ge Force GTX 570

At the end of all of this, it's only the graphics in the MCDU that Have trouble with. for the rest, no problem.

I hope from all of the above that there might be a solution to this vexing little problem. I would like this aircraft in my system.

Jack

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, the fonts seemd to be OK.

What I meant was this (hopefully I got the correct naming for an english Windows):

Opening the control panel there should be a menu item called "Display" clicking on it should give you something like this:

Also could you please attach a screenshot of the "Aircraft" tab in the FSX settings (2nd tab from the left)[

Otto..........

I'm not trying to be a "smart alec", but the fact that the solution(s) you mentioned have helped others have done nothing for me. So why mark the problems as resolved/solved without any notice to me? That leaves me "hanging" with none of the solutions suggested that work, as I had mentioned.

Anyway, moving on, I looked up the four fonts you mentioned and found them in the Windows/fonts area. This is how they are listed, in the same order as you have them, as follows:

AirbusDisp Regular

AirbusDisp2 Regular

AirbusMCDUa Normal

AirbusMCDUb Regular

There was no indication that they were specific to anything but Airbus in general.

Is that correct or am I missing something? Is there another location for the Airbus Extended fonts?

Here are my settings:

27" Widescreen monitor w/ resolution of 1920x1080x16

Filtering - bilinear

No antialiasing ticked

Global texture - very high

Advanced animations

Frame rate - 36

Default cockpit - 3D virtual

High resolution 3D - crashes to desktop when that is ticked

My system - Win 7 (SP 1)/ 64 bit, Intel core i7 2600k (3.4/3.7 GHz), 16 Gig Ram, NVidea Ge Force GTX 570

At the end of all of this, it's only the graphics in the MCDU that Have trouble with. for the rest, no problem.

I hope from all of the above that there might be a solution to this vexing little problem. I would like this aircraft in my system.

Jack

I'd recommend you putting framerate to unlimited, and ticking the anti-aliasing (of course don't do it if it's managed by your graphics card) option. Your system is quite good to play FSX with maxed out settings and everything ticked.

And, High resolution 3-D Virtual cockpit is what is causing problems. It must be ticked, so... load another aircraft, go to that option, tick it, and return to the Airbus X Extended. It should work.

OK, the fonts seemd to be OK.

What I meant was this (hopefully I got the correct naming for an english Windows):

Opening the control panel there should be a menu item called "Display" clicking on it should give you something like this:

Also could you please attach a screenshot of the "Aircraft" tab in the FSX settings (2nd tab from the left)[

Otto..........

Ah, now I see. You meant the system display. That's checked at the 100% area. As far as a pic of the "Aircraft" tab, I use FRAPS and it won't let me take a shot of anything that's not visually connected to an aircraft itself.

However, please read my response to Adrijan.

I'd recommend you putting framerate to unlimited, and ticking the anti-aliasing (of course don't do it if it's managed by your graphics card) option. Your system is quite good to play FSX with maxed out settings and everything ticked.

And, High resolution 3-D Virtual cockpit is what is causing problems. It must be ticked, so... load another aircraft, go to that option, tick it, and return to the Airbus X Extended. It should work.

Adrijan.........

Well after all of the "fuss" we've been through, a solution has arrived. Turned out to be simple at that! As you suggested, I loaded another aircraft, checked the High resolution tab. loaded the aircraft and then loaded the Airbus. Looks beautiful. I also change the other items as you suggested. So now, I've got an aircraft with completely readable graphics.

Hell of a way to spend New Year's Eve and New Year's day, but for me well worth it.

I appreciate the time you and Otto spent in helping me to a solution. Thank you very much.

Jack

Adrijan/Otto..............

Get it cranked up, flight plan loaded, and we're off. Apparently following flight plan. It does take awhile to get all systems running properly.

However, it's cocktail time here across the pond, and boy oh boy, do I need one now.

Thanks again to both of you. So far this has been more fun the the NGX.

Jack

Archived