Cannot register Cumulus X v1.9

rocky

Hi Peter, anyone, I have just installed Cumulus x v1.9 after registering for the payware version. However, when I go into the Cumulus x control panel, it says I cannot configure thermalling birds or soft cloud shadows as it is only possible with the registered version. I assume it is an easy task, but nowhere have I been asked anything about entering a code...?? Am I supposed to do something in addition to the simple installation? Thanks...

Hi Howard,

you should have received an e-mail with your personal license files, meanwhile. Please extract the two files "License.txt" and "License.bin" from the zip-archive and put them into the folder which contains "CumulusX.exe" (usually <FSXROOT>\Modules\CumulusX!).

best regards,

Peter

Hi Howard,

you should have received an e-mail with your personal license files, meanwhile. Please extract the two files "License.txt" and "License.bin" from the zip-archive and put them into the folder which contains "CumulusX.exe" (usually <FSXROOT>\Modules\CumulusX!).

best regards,

Peter

Many thanks Peter, I had manually installed the modules and in doing so had left the two files inside the Licence folder and not inside Cumulus X. However, I have copied the two files into the Cumulus X folder and still with no success. Here is a screenie that may be a little more helpful to you... BTW I deleted all elements of the previous installation...

D6T8X.png

Hi Howards,

please double-click the CumulusX.exe (no need to run FSX at this time) in this directory and check Help/About, if it shows your personal data.

If it shows a valid registration, there might be another copy (possibly from the location with extracted distribution archive) started together with FSX, that does not have the license files in its directory. Then toggle Tools/Autostart off and on again, which redirects FSX autostart files to the correct copy in ...\Modules\CumulusX!.

If not, did you possibly open the license files in an editor and saved it again unintentionally? There might have been a minimal modification of one of the files by that, which prevents recognition of validity. In this case extract againg from the license e-mail and drop it again in the directory "CumulusX!".

The subdirectory "License" is not required.

best regards,

Peter

Archived