TOGA LK too often

Lt.Peter

Dear All,

I experience too many times TOGA LK with AXE, sometimes during ILS APP or somtimes just during normal flight. I also niticed that when I want to reduce the speeed during approach the bus picks up its nose very hard which also leads to TOGA LK. I do not think that a real Airbus makes such a sudden nose up movement when the pilots would like to reduce the speed.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

well, the only times I got into TOGA LK with AXE is after takeoff when the speed does not increase sufficiently and the virtual captain/copliot brings in the flaps. Although we have reached S speed it seems insufficient and the orange and red speed markers catch up and activate TOGA LK mode. I think there is some optimization needed in one of the next SPs. I prevent this by not following the FD bars but reduce the climb angle from 15 deg to 10 deg to pick up speed more quickly.

I never had a TOGA LK on approach - I guess you should explain in a bit more detail how you reduce speed - do you use Selected or Managed speed mode and A/THR, are you on A/P or manual?

One thing I realized is that when you have a bodged descend and you are trying to slow Sparky down very quickly (by using flaps, gears and speedbrakes) there is a tendency to bring the nose up while extending flaps - in these cases I apply full forward stick movement until the bus calms down. That too needs some attention for optimization. Maybe you are experiencing this in conjunction with too low speed?

Kosta

Hi Peter,

well, the only times I got into TOGA LK with AXE is after takeoff when the speed does not increase sufficiently and the virtual captain/copliot brings in the flaps. Although we have reached S speed it seems insufficient and the orange and red speed markers catch up and activate TOGA LK mode. I think there is some optimization needed in one of the next SPs. I prevent this by not following the FD bars but reduce the climb angle from 15 deg to 10 deg to pick up speed more quickly.

I never had a TOGA LK on approach - I guess you should explain in a bit more detail how you reduce speed - do you use Selected or Managed speed mode and A/THR, are you on A/P or manual?

One thing I realized is that when you have a bodged descend and you are trying to slow Sparky down very quickly (by using flaps, gears and speedbrakes) there is a tendency to bring the nose up while extending flaps - in these cases I apply full forward stick movement until the bus calms down. That too needs some attention for optimization. Maybe you are experiencing this in conjunction with too low speed?

Kosta

Hello Kosta,

Yes, I have TOGE LK during the final stages of the approach, with selected speed mode. It happens in low speeds, for exapmple at 140-150. Since it happens during the final approach it is very difficult to recover from it, in most of the the cases I need to do a goaround and start the approach again.

Hello Kosta,

Yes, I have TOGE LK during the final stages of the approach, with selected speed mode. It happens in low speeds, for exapmple at 140-150. Since it happens during the final approach it is very difficult to recover from it, in most of the the cases I need to do a goaround and start the approach again.

Hi,

currently the Vapp and VLS is not very correct, it will be corrected in a future update, for now follow the PFD, select a VLS + 5 speed from the PFD speed tape.

Archived