QNH / BARO settings - where does the value come from?

DirkN

When I made a flight to CYXE the Descent Preparation CL was stuck on item Baro reference.

The copilot was repeating this item until after landing.

The Vol. 6 manual says on page 42 point 208: The QNH value of the arrival airport will automatically be set by the copilot.

I wonder how the copilot determines this value.

Is this automatically derived from ATIS ?

Is it important to set the QNH to in Hg when flying in Canada in order for the checklist to work ?

did you enter the correct Baro on PERF/APPROACH-Page of destination Airport?

So I misunderstood point 208 on page 42.

I tought this was done by the copilot, but you have to do this yourself ?

I still don't understand what happened before.

Today I did a flight to Winnipeg and the QNH was set by the copilot ( like it is explained in the manual ), so everything was allright this time.

But I still don't understand where the copilot gets this QNH of the arrival airport.

ATIS for Winnipeg told me 1019 mB and she has set the QNH to 1015 mB.

The Copilot simply dials in the setting you have entered into the approach page of the MCDU (where you also enter the flap setting for landing, the DH or MDA etc.)

The QNH will be changed from STD at the selected TL by the copilot, however the approach page (which has all the information used by the copilot), must be filled in.

20121228203938.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

the value dialed in by copilot comes from FSX and is the same value than pressing "B" on the keyboard. So if you do not use the copilot just press "B" when the action is required.....

Hanse

Archived