Right MCDU not working - fonts not installing

reja

Dear Support Team,

Thanks for this great product - I have not had any luck installing the fonts required for the MCDU2 to work (refer earliest post on MCDU2 not working). I have checked the windows/fonts folder, uninstalled the product, searched the registry for these fonts and reinstalled the product but there still are no fonts.

How do I proceed?

Rich

• Aerosoft

That is very strange as we use the default system for installing fonts. I will send you a PM with a link to the font files, so you can try to install them in the standards right click way.

The only reason I could think of is that you have no rights to install fonts on your Windows.

Thanks Mathijs,

This still did not work - when I right clicked and installed I was told the files are already installed and do I want to overwrite....I said yes but the files are still not installed.

After investigating further, using explorer I found around ~200 fonts but when using a dos window there were around 600 fonts and it is here that I saw the fonts were installed (but not visible inside windows).

The following link helped me after which I installed the fonts again and now all is good :

http://www.bohack.com/2011/04/allowing-non-administrators-to-install-fonts-in-windows-7/

So it probably was something to do with user rights although my user is also administrator

Thanks for your assistance with this,

Rich

Archived