Land elev check

pecheur5500

Same here, during the descent asked to enter the landing elevation but how to find it (without refering to external charts or maps) and where to put it. Have to turn on co-pilot to get past this point.

• Aerosoft

Same here, during the descent asked to enter the landing elevation but how to find it (without refering to external charts or maps) and where to put it. Have to turn on co-pilot to get past this point.

But you will always have to know the landing elevation before you land, if the MCDU does not have that information a lot of the calculation simply cannot be done.

The landing elevation is stored in the database. It Should also bee shown on the ECAM. Unfortunatley in the Aerosoft Airbus the elevation shows permanent 100ft and does not change.

But you will always have to know the landing elevation before you land, if the MCDU does not have that information a lot of the calculation simply cannot be done.

Yes I have the landing elevation! But when the checklist asks to enter this altitude, what must we do!!! ?

Well, when the copilot asks for landing elevation, I usually punch in QNH value at the landing airport.

The right place to enter it is in the PERF->Approach MCDU page.

You can listen to ATIS to get the right values, which is sometimes impossible when too high and far from the airport (in the FSX world, anyway). So what I do is that i punch in some random value and check ATIS later, or get an approximate value from "status panel" (can be turned on by cycling through Shift+Z).

Have fun!

Archived