Turning Knobs

EXRAFFY

Hi,

I like the aircraft and the manuals. When I get to setting the initial altitude level in the tutorial flight (1200ft), I can push and pull the knob and adjust it to 100 or 1000 ft increments, but cannot increase the setting above the 100 ft set by default. I have followed all the steps and tried for 2 days, even on a runway, with engines running, no increase, all I do is zoom in and out. I have deleted my prevoius Airbus X installation and re-installed Airbus X Extended, applied the HOT FIX but all to no avail. I have also deleted the FSX config file and allowed a new one to be created, no change. Can anyone help please?

If I have missed something in the manuals on set up I do not know what it is. Left and right mouse clicks only push and pull the knobs or change from 100 to 1000 ft increments

Best wishes to all for Christmas and the new year,

Bill

• Aerosoft

You need to use the scroll wheel on your mouse to change the settings. As we need the left and right mouse buttons to pull and push the buttons we had to sue something else to change the settings.

The product requirements do state a mouse wheel is needed.

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D

Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)

3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)

2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)

3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)

Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control

Download-Size: 950 MB

Installations-Size: 1,8 GB

Hi,

Me again. My mouse wheel zooms in and out and will not increase or decrease values for altitude etc. I have searched the site and although there are supposed to be answers to this I cannot find them, other than that the mouse is wrong. I have the correct mouse hence the zoom in and out. How can I get it to stop zooming and start rotating please. I have deleted and made a new FSX config with no change to the end result.

Hoping that you can help as I am becoming more and more frustrated with this.

Seasons greetings to all,

Bill

• Aerosoft

Bill I got no idea what is causing this. As far as I know there are no other users with this issue. Let's make sure you are not doing something unexpected:

• I start FSX, load the Bus in Cold and Dark
  • Batteries on
  • Load Ready for Taxi
  • Put my mouse cursor on on the arrow point (no clicks!)
  • post-43-0-36157100-1356543468_thumb.jpg
  • Using the mouse wheel to change the speed

Hi,

Me again. My mouse wheel zooms in and out and will not increase or decrease values for altitude etc. I have searched the site and although there are supposed to be answers to this I cannot find them, other than that the mouse is wrong. I have the correct mouse hence the zoom in and out. How can I get it to stop zooming and start rotating please. I have deleted and made a new FSX config with no change to the end result.

Hoping that you can help as I am becoming more and more frustrated with this.

Seasons greetings to all,

Bill

Bill, are you by any chance using the Ezdok addon? With this program you can zoom using the mouse wheel, and obviously if activated it could cause a conflict.

Or does you mouse come with any software that provides a function to zoom on any window using the mouse wheel?

It seems to me that something somewhere is conflicting.

Bill I got no idea what is causing this. As far as I know there are no other users with this issue. Let's make sure you are not doing something unexpected:

• I start FSX, load the Bus in Cold and Dark
  • Batteries on
  • Load Ready for Taxi
  • Put my mouse cursor on on the arrow point (no clicks!)
  • post-43-0-36157100-1356543468_thumb.jpg
  • Using the mouse wheel to change the speed

Hi Mathijs,

Thank you for your quick response. Before reading your post I checked the other posts again, under knobs, and found one that referred to FSUIPC affecting scrolling. I checked mine and it was ticked in the "move" box. I unchecked this and now my mousewheel adjusts the speed, altitude etc, as stated in the manual. :dumb_me_s: I look forward now to many happy hours in the cockpit of this Airbus. Sorry if I have wasted anyone's time.

Seasons greetings to all at Aerosoft,

Bill

Archived