After Takeoff Checklist without AP engaged

crvchul

Hello,

Is there a way to start the After Takeoff Checklist without enabling the Autopilot switch? It seems that it is only triggered when the Autopilot is switched on but i would like to hand fly the bus ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please have a look into the Vol6 StepbyStep guide Chapter 5.14 # 178...... The autopilot is NO condition to start the CL but "Flaps up and retracted" .....

Hanse

I also confirm, that it doesn't matter what the flap position is in. I like to handfly up to ~10,000 before I leave Otto in charge. Each time, the after takeoff checklist would only start after I engaged AP.

As a test last night, I engaged the AP ~2000 feet, when I was still in VNAP-B, so flaps still out, etc. As soon as the AP engaged, the after-takeoff checklist began.

I notice that this thread is marked as "solved", however the above explanation is incorrect. Unless I'm not understanding correctly; the after takeoff checklist should commence when flaps are selected to UP, and NOT when AP is engaged. Is this not correct? Again, I can reliably reproduce (100% of the time) that the After Takeoff checklist does not start until AP has been engaged.

Here is my flow: 1. (lined up on RWY) Set Throttle to FLEX. 2. At Vr, rotate to 8 deg until positive rate, then maintain V2+10 until Acc Hght. 3. @Accel Height, Set thrust levers to climb and pitch down to accelerate. 4. Retract flaps on schedule. 5. I typically hand-fly to ~10,000 feet. 6. After 10,000, set lights/signs as appropriate and engage AP. This is when the after takeoff checklist starts. This is reproducible 100% of the time. Sorry that this is all on one line, having an issue with creating page breaks from my new tablet :(. Also, I just want to add that this far from being the end of the world... but if it's possible to fix this (or if I'm doing something wrong), that would be super. Merry Christmas to all! :)

Here is my flow: 1. (lined up on RWY) Set Throttle to FLEX. 2. At Vr, rotate to 8 deg until positive rate, then maintain V2+10 until Acc Hght. 3. @Accel Height, Set thrust levers to climb and pitch down to accelerate. 4. Retract flaps on schedule. 5. I typically hand-fly to ~10,000 feet. 6. After 10,000, set lights/signs as appropriate and engage AP. This is when the after takeoff checklist starts. This is reproducible 100% of the time. Sorry that this is all on one line, having an issue with creating page breaks from my new tablet :(. Also, I just want to add that this far from being the end of the world... but if it's possible to fix this (or if I'm doing something wrong), that would be super. Merry Christmas to all! :)

Thats exactly the same procedure as mine. 100% reproducable. To trigger the checklist I accustom to engage the autopilot for a second and disengage it immediately.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

OK we looked into the programming and found out that the engaged AP is really a "condition" for the checklist. We will change this with the next hotfix (currently I do not know any release date). But only up to app. 10.000 feet because this is also a condition for the "Climb CL" and 10.000 feet checks. Please understand that we cannot "cover" all possible variances / privatly used procedures and have to stick to certain common procedures - it is not normal for manually fly until cruise level. If you do not want to follow those procedures then please do every manually and do not use the checklist functionality.

I will close this thread and mark it as "solved" for the time being. If after installing the hotfix (I do not know a release date) the problem is still existing then open another tread......

Hanse

Archived