Copilot 'callouts only': how does it work?

tup61

Haven't bought the plane yet (still in doubt) but I was wondering about the two copilot modes: one is automated ( you sit there and everything happens automatically which sounds rather boring) but how does that other mode work? Do you have to do everything the copilot says manually? If so, how do you proceed if you only have to check something? I can't find enough information about how it exactly works and how much you still have to do yourself.

Haven't bought the plane yet (still in doubt) but I was wondering about the two copilot modes: one is automated ( you sit there and everything happens automatically which sounds rather boring) but how does that other mode work? Do you have to do everything the copilot says manually? If so, how do you proceed if you only have to check something? I can't find enough information about how it exactly works and how much you still have to do yourself.

Hi Jeroen,

Basically, the 'Checklist' function will callout the checklists and you have to perform the correct actions before moving on to the next item. With both the 'Co-pilot' and 'Checklist' functions enabled, those items are performed automatically. Even with both enabled, there are still tasks that you yourself must complete.

If you do buy the product, my suggestion is for you to complete the Step by Step tutorial just as it is written, which is using both functions, just to show you how it works and the order of how things must be done. Then, once done, do the Step by Step again, and do it with only the 'Checklist' function enabled, and follow and perform the actions as they are laid out in the tutorial. That way, you can test both ways! Lastly, you can do it all without either!

Archived