Very First Checklist

RussB

Hi

Cold & Dark loaded, both BATT switches on MCDU powered.

Checklist & FO option = ON

All checklist are greyed out however, if I load say Taxi State then Taxi checklist is orange and ready...

How do I start the checklist sequence, so the first checklist is available after C&D?

Hi Russ,

After selecting cold and dark it can take a few seconds for all the systems to be set to the correct state. Once this process has finished the checklist function should be available.

Hi many thanks for the prompt response.

Yep waited about 10 mins still greyed out...?

That's to long mate. Let's start with the basics, would you mind posting your Specs, OS (including language version), and any addons. What is your default flight? Is it the standard Trike over Friday Harbour one??

Found the posible error... I have solved it.

You have to set off the parking brake and open the left door.

They certainly are part off setting Cold and Dark. I'm interested as to why these aren't being set as part of the initialisation.

What language is your operating system in?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

what I saw from the video is that you do not use the INFOBAR because it gives you a lot of hints what to do and what is coming next..... So please use OPTIONS and then CHECKLISTS to set up the functionality. Set the CHECKLIST, COPILOT as well as INFOBAR to ON. Then you will get an INFOBAR on top of the screen. You then can start the Cockpit Preparation CL with "1" from the keyboard. Bytheway setting ADIRS to NAV is part of the Cockpit Preparation CL....... Please also have a look into the Vol6 StepbyStep guide where everything is explained in detail and follow the procedure...... If you still have problems please let us know exactly at what step (# - no.) the software is not doing what is described....

Hanse

They certainly are part off setting Cold and Dark. I'm interested as to why these aren't being set as part of the initialisation.

What language is your operating system in?

Mine is Spanish, FSX also in spanish. Have to make the tweak between the flight simulator x files folders... but now, it's working for me. My fault was I always set up the parking brake on and don't open the doors...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I just want to remember anybody that one condition for the Checklist and Copilot functionality is that first an AIRCRAFT state is loaded. If you load DARK & COLD automatically the left front door will be opened......

Hanse

Hello,

I did not have a problem with the checklist before, but since I installed the hotfix I do.

I noticed that after loading the cold and dark state, the front left door did not open. So I opened it manually, but after the flashing orang text the door closes again immediately ( it is open for a fraction of a second so it is possible to start the cockpit prep checklist afterwards). The immediate closing happens to both left doors and also the cargo doors (both front and aft right doors remain open and close as they should).

Since I could continue with the checklists I completed my flight and up on arrival after engine shutdown, all doors opened and stayed open as it should be. So I have no idea why they don't when initially starting the flight. I have tested this two times and with each flight the problem returned.

I have started a new topic on this so maybe this post can be deleted. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60864-door-opening-problem-in-right-mcdu/

Giel

Hello,

I did not have a problem with the checklist before, but since I installed the hotfix I do.

I noticed that after loading the cold and dark state, the front left door did not open. So I opened it manually, but after the flashing orang text the door closes again immediately ( it is open for a fraction of a second so it is possible to start the cockpit prep checklist afterwards). The immediate closing happens to both left doors and also the cargo doors (both front and aft right doors remain open and close as they should).

Since I could continue with the checklists I completed my flight and up on arrival after engine shutdown, all doors opened and stayed open as it should be. So I have no idea why they don't when initially starting the flight. I have tested this two times and with each flight the problem returned.

I have started a new topic on this so maybe this post can be deleted. http://forum.aerosof...-in-right-mcdu/

Giel

Does it happen on other aircraft as well? E.g. if you try to open doors with SHIFT + E?

Does it happen on other aircraft as well? E.g. if you try to open doors with SHIFT + E?

Oke I tried again in the airbus with shift+E and the result is the same: door opens and than closes immediately.

Next I tried the PMDG NGX, this works just fine.

However when I tried a default aircraft (beech baron) I opened the door with SHift+E and as with the airbus extended the door closed immediately

Do you have any idea what may be the case?

Giel

Oke I tried loading the flight from several other airports, and I did not encounter any problems (both in the airbus as other default aircraft). Thereafter I loaded a flight on the runway at EHBK and also no problem. The problem with the doors only appears when parked at two of the gates/ stands (2 and 3) at EHBK, so I think the problem is related to the scenery. Reinstall of the airport did not help unfortunately.

Giel

Archived