Inverse wheel mouse operation on some controls

markadeane

Hi all,

On some of the VC controls, the operation of the wheel mouse feels (at least to me!) like it is opposite the logical flow.

I accept that this is somewhat subjective, but most addons follow the convention that scrolling upwards will operate a dial or knob clockwise and vice versa.

So far, I have identifed a number of knobs where upwards scrolling results in an ANTI-clockwise motion of the control concerned. They are:

- Engine Ignition mode selector switch

- Wiper switches

- IRU selectors

- FCU Altitude units selector (i.e. the "100/1000" switch)

There may be others, but these are the ones I used on my first flight.

I'd be interested to know if this behaviour feels logical to others, or whether a few of you also find that the control works the opposite way to that which you expect?

I've felt like some are the wrong way round. I tend to associate scrolling up with on, down with off. up with increase, down with decrease. or depending where there is no number value, whether it is being pushed away or being pulled towards as in the engine start mode selector.

It's just something to get used to in the end, most things seem normal, others backwards.. Like the switching on of screens.

I don't see any real need for it to be changed :P

Archived