Info Bar Doesn't Display

Michael2

• Developer

Congratulations Aerosoft on releasing this impressive aircraft!

I am having some trouble with the checklist function -- it's not all that obvious what I need to do to trigger the availability of a given list. The way the tutorial is set up, I shut the aircraft door before turning on the checklists and copilot, which made it impossible to start the checklists until I re-opened and shut the door. It took a long time to figure that out.

Anyhow, I suspect the problem is compounded by the fact the info bar doesn't display for me. I have turned it on, but i don't see anything. Is this a known issue? Are there any preconditions for it to show?

Anyhow, I suspect the problem is compounded by the fact the info bar doesn't display for me. I have turned it on, but i don't see anything. Is this a known issue? Are there any preconditions for it to show?

Hi did my first flight last night and the info' bar seems to be 'behind' the Sim menu bar?

Hi Gents,

Are you flying full screen or windowed mode? If windowed please ensure you've maximised the FSX window. Often FSX looks like its maximised but it isn't, this can hide the info bar and even park brake messages etc.

• Developer

I tried windowed and full screen and I did toggle the maximize on and off in windowed mode.

I can't be sure, but it looks like it appears for a fraction of a second when I turn it on and then disappears.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Michael,

please try

• run the FSX in the windowed mode (maximized) and do not hide the menu bar.
  • Then close your FSX and start it again.
  • Go to the right MCDU select OPTIONS LSK4L / CHECKLISTS LSK3L (not the CHECKLIST on the main menu LSK1R).
  • Set the Checklist functionality LSK1L to on
  • Then set the Infobar LSK3L also to ON

If you still do not see the Infobar on top of the screen then please come back to us.....

Hanse

• Developer

Hanse, I tried what you suggested. When I loaded the aircraft for the second time as you asked, the checklist option was greyed out. I had to load and aircraft "state" to make it clickable. I did that and then enabled checklists and then turned the infobar on. I saw a distinct flash of something in the top left corner of the screen but it's only there for a fraction of a second.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

as stated in the Vol6 StepybyStep guide for starting a checklist one condition is that you first should load one of the aircraft states (dark&cold, taxi of takeoff) so that the software knows with which checklist to start with.

Then you should set up the checklist options - please see screenshot attached. If you have made your settings the INFOBAR should appear on top of your screen. If not please tell us exactly your view settings..... full screen mode or windows mode, menu bar hidden or not etc.

The next thing you should try is to find out if it is the INFOBAR or something else. After you made the CL settings try "1" on the keyboard. This should start the Cockpit Preparation CL...... If not then this is not a problem of the INFOBAR but with something else.

Hanse

post-30406-0-54259600-1356087476.jpg

• Developer

I am able to start the checklists running. I have done an entire flight with all checklists running as they should. I just can't get the info bar to display. I have tried windowed mode and full screen mode, It just doesn't display.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Michael,

another issue might be your FSX settings..... Did you configure your FSX as explained in Vol1 InFSX of the documentation?

Hanse

Archived