Can't get full rudder deflection

GrosserOnkel

Hi,

I'm new here. Already searced the board but can't find any solution for my problem.

When I start the a/c everything loads up correctly (at least it seams to).

I just wanted to try the step by step tutorial and ran into the point of the "after engine start check" rudder.

So i selected the F-Ctrl page and did my elev and aileron check, which worked out ok. When i came to the point "rudder", I've tried to deflect the rudder. Since i only got a cheap joystick with no 3rd axis or even pedals, i tried to move the rudder the usual way I'm used to. (0 left, 5 center, enter right on the num pad).

On the control page i saw, that the rudder moved a bit, but it was stucked in the middle and didn't moved any farther then the middle when i hit the keys. As soon as released, let's say the right rudder (enter on the num pad) it moved to the center position, which seems a little odd, since I didn't wanted it to center nor hit any key for it.

Auto coordination is set to off.

I think i can remember, that i got the same problem with the Fokker from a different developer an never find a solution for the problem.

Any thoughts on this?! Thank you in advance and for a (almost) flawless FSx addon

Cheers,

Viego

Hi Kyle,

thanks for your very fast support.

Just read the sys req, I think it was my mistake then not to read it first. But since I got quite a good rig, I actually never read these things.

But ok, I got to live with it now for my mistake, which will work out. Just as a thought and really no offense meant: you're limiting yourself with this sys requirements of a "must to have" a rudder axis to fly resp. have this thing work propably, since i believe the rudders are barely ever used in the RL plane under normal circumstances. Nevertheless, nice add-on...

Cheers,

Viego

I understand, it happens. There are relatively cheap joysticks out there that you could save up for and buy that have all axis you need included. For instance, with the Extended, I use the Saitek ST290Pro. Works great!

One of the reasons there are so many requirements in terms of hardware is because the FSX limitations imposed on trying to make the aircraft handle realistically, especially with the FBW. Doing it this way we can circumvent those restrictions.

Hope it works out for you, it's a joy to fly!

Archived