Does not level off at selected altitude?

davidchen9568

Today I did my first test flight, everything seemed to be great except one thing which confused me. I was descending to 4000 ft for ILS APP(RCSS RWY10), as shown in this picture:

8286817019_2d3e8c7444_b.jpg

Then I selected a new altitude of 3000 ft on FCU, pushed it and I saw DES on PFD. Next, I set VS for -1200 fpm, and pushed APPR. Things are good so far.

8286815993_47f84877c4_b.jpg

The strange thing began. As I went below 3000 ft, autopilot did not level off. Instead, it maintains -1200 fpm, and "ALT" disappeared from PFD.

8286815337_39d7a31ea1_b.jpg

I am not sure why this happens. Is this a bug or I did something wrong?

I experienced this same problem;

during one flight (I already made four with this aircraft), I was on managed descent with 5.000 ft set on FCU, in which the aircraft should levelled off, to wait for the glide path...

on the FMA I had DES indication in magenta and ALT in blue, as expected; below the altitute tape I had 5000FT indicated in blue, also as expected;

but the aircraft did not levelled off at 5.000ft and continued to descent with magenta DES indication and blue ALT indication on FMA, looking like that the aircraft had not reached yet to the altitute set on FCU (5000ft); but the aircraft had already passed below it;

I decided to intercede and command some positive V/S input to make the aircraft climb to 5.000ft and, this time, when reaching, it levelled off correctly;

so, please, check this issue;

and congratulations for this excelent product;

Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

Archived