Who wants an FS2Crew Crew Simulation for the Airbus X?

FS2Crew Developer

Looks like there will be an SDK for the Airbus, which means it's a contender for an FS2Crew version - Voice/ Button control.

Who here would be interested in an FS2Crew (the Airline Crew Simulation side, not just RAAS) for the Airbus?

If there's enough support, I could add the Airbus X to FS2Crew's to-do list.

Best,

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't own any FS2Crew products yet and I wonder what it will add to the checklist and F/O options that the Airbus X alread has?

The Airbus X Extended ships with a built in flight crew. It's a good concept and it's especially good for beginners because it's so simple to operate.

FS2Crew would model the same general concept, but the implementation would be quite different.

Most of you are probably familiar with the PMDG NGX version of FS2Crew, so it would be something like that.

Biggest difference would be:

1. We'd use Voice Control (you use your mic).

2. We'd have many more different accents and voices.

3. The built in flight crew in the Airbus Extended is currently very automated.

Basically, you just press a button, and the Captain/Pilot flying operates on his own 'autopilot' so to speak. He does everything for you. He acts almost autonomously.

In FS2Crew, there would be any of that. You'd have to perform all flows, etc., that the Pilot Flight/ Captain has to do.

You wouldn't just sit back and watch him.

It's accordingly more complex and harder because you actually have to do some work - but it's also much more realistic.

Please Please Please.... :D Love the FS2Crew for the 'other' bus on the market ;) Will really be looking forward to such an add-on... Bryan if you need testers please let me know.

Jesper

Looks like there will be an SDK for the Airbus, which means it's a contender for an FS2Crew version - Voice/ Button control.

Who here would be interested in an FS2Crew (the Airline Crew Simulation side, not just RAAS) for the Airbus?

If there's enough support, I could add the Airbus X to FS2Crew's to-do list.

Best,

I am. I think an FS2Crew version would allow for many users to go beyond the built-in checklist system and obtain both better control and better knowledge of the aircraft and its various stages of flight (for instance, we can control when checklist items are done and when flaps come down/up, etc.).

Basically, you just press a button, and the Captain/Pilot flying operates on his own 'autopilot' so to speak. He does everything for you. He acts almost autonomously.

In FS2Crew, there would be any of that. You'd have to perform all flows, etc., that the Pilot Flight/ Captain has to do.

You wouldn't just sit back and watch him.

First of all: what a pity that the included system is nothing but a 'sit back and watch' system... I was expecting to actually having to do things... Bummer.

So I guess that means I would be interested in an FS2Crew version. Well, if I actually buy this plane. No voice version for me btw because my family won't appreciate that... ;)

First of all: what a pity that the included system is nothing but a 'sit back and watch' system... I was expecting to actually having to do things... Bummer.

So I guess that means I would be interested in an FS2Crew version. Well, if I actually buy this plane. No voice version for me btw because my family won't appreciate that... ;)

headset. The speaking volume required isn't that high.

I would definitely get it if it was released. I love the NGX FS2Crew. The co-pilot function in the Extended sounds interesting, but I would much prefer to initiate changes and go through checklists with voice commands.

Still interested but er... I had a look at a tutorial I found online:

http://www.cityviewed.co.uk/images/uploads/directory/fsuip/FS2Crew_NGX_Button_Control_Tutorial.pdf

and it seems to me you still have to do almost nothing and the FO does everything? I fail to see the difference between what FS2Crew offers and what is included with the Airbus. (Pardon my ignorance: I never worked with FS2Crew...)

Archived