Altitude Alert and A/P disconnect sounds on ILS APP

geckuz

Hi,

first of all congrats for this Airbus. I have followed interestingly its development and I find it a well balanced addon suitable and enjoyable for all the simmers, and Fly By Wire really nears perfection!

I only did a quick test flight, but I noticed the misbehaviour of a couple of small things:

1) During descent, the altitude alert sound triggers 750ft before selected FCU altitude, with autopilot engaged. When a/p is engeged, that warning is always inhibited. (FCOM 1.31.40 P25)

2) On final approach, ILS, with both autopilot armed, if autopilot is disconnected, apart from the cavalry charge aural warning that is correctly simulated, a triple click sound should also be heard, warning the pilots a performance degradation (in this case from CAT3 to CAT1).

Hi geckuz,

You're absolutely correct about the altitude alerter, it shouldn't sound with the autopilot on, only during manual flight is it active.

It was mentioned during the beta test, but ended up somewhere very low on the list of things to fix, as it won't bother most people.

Number two i need to check on, i'm not able to do that now. I know for sure he tripple click sounds when you disconnect the autothrust during an automatic approach, as the landing capability changes from CATIII DUAL to CATIII SINGLE.

It should also sound when you disconnect both autopilots during an ILS approach, when the FMA indication chages from CATIII to CATI.

If it doesn't right now then that goes on the buglist.

It should also sound when you disconnect both autopilots during an ILS approach, when the FMA indication chages from CATIII to CATI.

If it doesn't right now then that goes on the buglist.

That is exacty the situation I was trying to point out. Thanks for the quick answer Jaap,they are just details and it' s pretty normal they're on the bottom of the priority list.

Archived