Elevator deflection for rotation

rob345

Hello,

I have a question about the rotation and the required elevator deflection because it occurs to me that you really need a lot of that to get airborne.

In fact, when Vr is reached, I have to pull the joystick all the way back to archive a decent rotation rate. The PFD and ECAM F/CTL page also shows that the elevator deflection is at its maximum.

Of course, the a/c is correctly loaded and trimmed.

So: Is this behaviour intended? Is it the same in reality? Or do I have an issue with my sim?

Thanks for help!

Regards

Robert

Hello,

I have a question about the rotation and the required elevator deflection because it occurs to me that you really need a lot of that to get airborne.

In fact, when Vr is reached, I have to pull the joystick all the way back to archive a decent rotation rate. The PFD and ECAM F/CTL page also shows that the elevator deflection is at its maximum.

So: Is this behaviour intended? Is it the same in reality? Or do I have an issue with my sim?

Thanks for help!

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert

Like the PMDB 737 NGX, you have to set the elevator to full in the FSX controls setting. Also the sensativity needs to be high as I find the Airbus X a little sluggish in manual approach.

Regards

Bob

Hello,

Thanks for help!

Regards

Robert

You need to set TO Trim for Takeoff. Refer to Volume 1 of the Step by step for more info.

Hi Robert,

you can't compare the Fly-By-Wyre of the Airbus and threfore the usage of the Sidestick to the movement of a Yoke in a "normal" aircraft. As you can see on some videos on Youtube, you have to pull a lot more on the stick.

Thanks for your replies.

set the elevator to full in the FSX controls setting. Also the sensativity needs to be high

Settings are done like it is suggested in the AXE step-by-step guide. My joystick is a X52.

You need to set TO Trim for Takeoff. Refer to Volume 1 of the Step by step for more info.

Done, 0.8UP.

you can't compare the Fly-By-Wyre of the Airbus and threfore the usage of the Sidestick to the movement of a Yoke in a "normal" aircraft. As you can see on some videos on Youtube, you have to pull a lot more on the stick.

Actually, that's more or less the reason why I posted it in the first place, because there is a discrepancy what I see in the videos and what I get with the AXE.

For example:

The videos show that the commanded elevator pitch during rotation is about half way up, followed by an instant rotation of the a/c.

And that's what I get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxh19S5OaY

You can see that the AXE does not rotate at all when I apply half elevator pitch. Thus, I subsequently command full pitch up and the a/c begins to rotate (relatively gentle that I wouldn't expect with full elevator deflection).

Two other things I noticed / are unclear to me:

• Extremely minor issue: The deflection indicator (the cross on the PFD) seem to disappear immediately after liftoff (> 0 RA). In various real-life video it disappears at circa 10 to 15 RA (only based an observation...).
  • Can you explain the jump(s) of the horizontal FD bar at about 50RA?

Regards

Robert

Hello,

I checked this out. Conf: no wind, Flaps 1+F, 32% of fuel (50% in each wing tank, 0% in center) and default payload. Aircraft begun to rotate at 150 and went to air at 165 KIAS at TOGA.

Used only half way back on stick according to PFD. Actually on my normal takeoff in AXE I often use nearly 80-90% stick back (according to PFD) and when the front gear begins to lift off runway I reduce to half way.

Also full back on physical joystick doesn't mean full back in sim. Check it out: PFD pointer reaches it's maximum before joystick does.

Hi Robert,

What was your trim setting for that takeoff, I would be interested to see if I can reproduce your results. I've altered my payload to various configurations, and used the FCOM CG/Trim table to give me the correct trim for takeoff and have had bad results so far. The aircraft constantly requires a nose-up trim input on takeoff, even when the FCOM is telling me I should be required to trim down.

Alex

I have the same issue its as if the plane is glued to the runway at VR speed. I followed the tutorial but the plane wont rotate until 10 to 20 knots past VR then once airborne the FBW system jolts the plane with trim.

I looked on youtube to see other takeoffs in the airbus extended and the one I did find showed the same situation. Full deflection of elevators but the plane wont rotate until he added some trim which you could hear in the video.

For now I just click the down trim once on takeoff to resolve the issue until the culprit is found.

Sean

I have the same issue its as if the plane is glued to the runway at VR speed. I followed the tutorial but the plane wont rotate until 10 to 20 knots past VR then once airborne the FBW system jolts the plane with trim.

I looked on youtube to see other takeoffs in the airbus extended and the one I did find showed the same situation. Full deflection of elevators but the plane wont rotate until he added some trim which you could hear in the video.

For now I just click the down trim once on takeoff to resolve the issue until the culprit is found.

Sean

Hi,

Please read this, http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60646-hotfix-1-planned-on-211212/

Archived