Airbus X Extended -- FPS

iPetroSS

That's the biggest drop in FPS I have seen so far. Clearly the CPU resources are seriously low on that Mac, what are you using to run Windows?

Hi Thanks for the reply. Yes its an 8 Core MacPro running Windows 7 x64 using bootcamp at boot, not virtualisation. The install of windows is purely for FSX purposes so there are no other programs running or even antivirus. I have tried removing and reinstalling AEX several times to no avail.

When I first load up AEX with all displays on, engines running etc, there is not frame rate issue at all, everything is smooth. It only happens when I enter the airport pair into the CDU. Then the rate just drops to 4fps (Was 2fps before lastest update) and stays there. If I then turn the ND on and off the fps problem goes away.

I also have no route at all on the ND and have not been able to get the route to display since I got AEX. I assume that is what is causing the problem. Any help gratefully recieved. Screen shot attached.

If I run any other add on including NGX I get 16-20+ fps depending on airport.

post-75289-0-27552800-1356878069_thumb.p

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how can i deactivate that Hyper-Thing ;)

Normally you can deactivate hyper-threading in your BIOS settings. I have deactivated hyper-threading on my Intel i7 long time ago since it brings on my system a real performance boost.

Christian

Hi Thanks for the reply. Yes its an 8 Core MacPro running Windows 7 x64 using bootcamp at boot, not virtualisation. The install of windows is purely for FSX purposes so there are no other programs running or even antivirus. I have tried removing and reinstalling AEX several times to no avail.

When I first load up AEX with all displays on, engines running etc, there is not frame rate issue at all, everything is smooth. It only happens when I enter the airport pair into the CDU. Then the rate just drops to 4fps (Was 2fps before lastest update) and stays there. If I then turn the ND on and off the fps problem goes away.

I also have no route at all on the ND and have not been able to get the route to display since I got AEX. I assume that is what is causing the problem. Any help gratefully recieved. Screen shot attached.

If I run any other add on including NGX I get 16-20+ fps depending on airport.

post-75289-0-27552800-1356878069_thumb.p

Ok Fixed the problem and that has fixed the low FPS problem too.

Solution posted here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/61870-no-route-on-nd-at-all/

Neil.

• 3 weeks later...

hello guys,

I also surfer from FPS issues due to random instant dropout from 30 to 8-10 & back to 30 resulting a no-fly condition (even with my hi-end rig: i5 2500K OC to 4.6Ghz & hd6950 2mb graphic card). flowing that one thing did resolve my 8fps sudden drops, allowing this beautiful product back his wings.

1. open FMGC.ini @ Mydocument \ Flight Simulator X files \ AerosoftAirusExtended \ FMGC.ini

2. modify HTML_interface=1 to HTML_interface=0

3. save the file

4. start FSX & load AEX

it did magic for me...

guy

Thanks! This has improved my FPS too with AXE!

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry yeah but these planes are amazing dnt get me wrong they look stunning however the box on Aerosoft and fsx system requirements are old school and yet i have a pc so powerfull it gets frame rates of 25 max like wtf, it's almost pointless flying these products I mean sometimes it just crashes and there is nothing you can do, I have 32 gb of ram so geez with 2 gti 5870 graphics cards to 4gb with an i core 7 clocked to 5.3ghz, I mean wow this game would be truly awsome but the products are just to slow for fsx, thee ever to good for the game and fsx cant handle it or what? i feel ripped off the box must lie about the requirments of the planes or else my frames would be ski high, you need a pc that would hack the pentgaon to play this plane, I spent nearly 2grand on my pc and yet your products kill it like come on, did this company make them for x palne 10 coz fsx is a no go I wouldnt bother 20 frames is shocking

I'm sorry yeah but these planes are amazing dnt get me wrong they look stunning however the box on Aerosoft and fsx system requirements are old school and yet i have a pc so powerfull it gets frame rates of 25 max like wtf, it's almost pointless flying these products I mean sometimes it just crashes and there is nothing you can do, I have 32 gb of ram so geez with 2 gti 5870 graphics cards to 4gb with an i core 7 clocked to 5.3ghz, I mean wow this game would be truly awsome but the products are just to slow for fsx, thee ever to good for the game and fsx cant handle it or what? i feel ripped off the box must lie about the requirments of the planes or else my frames would be ski high, you need a pc that would hack the pentgaon to play this plane, I spent nearly 2grand on my pc and yet your products kill it like come on, did this company make them for x palne 10 coz fsx is a no go I wouldnt bother 20 frames is shocking

Hi,

With that system you should be doing quite well to say the least. I and many others have half the system you do and do fine, with very good framerates. Have you tried disabling logging and websever in the Configuration tool? Have you noticed any specific places or instances you get a hard frame rate hit? Did you install as administrator, and install SP 1 yet?

You shouldn't have frame rate issues, especially with your system, so something is wrong. Just have to troubleshoot it and find the cause.

Archived