VC looking around

Nuno Marques

Hi,

When i look around on VC using the mouse and pressing space bar, it keeps jumping to the original position. I cant move the view to a certain position and keep it there.

Thanks,

NM

PS: great job. congratulations to all the team.

Hi there,

I never had any problem panning around with the mouse look feature, so I'm not sure this is related to the Airbus X specifically, can you pan around ok in other addons?There is also a nice feature of the Airbus x which allows you to look at certain panels easily, by clicking on the little arrow at the top left of the screen that will open up the view system, clicking on the thumbnails will move the view to the appropriate panel, I found this pretty easy to use when running through checklists etc.

No. Im not using ezdok.

With Airbus X (Standard) i have no problem, I can look around smoothly. The issue is just with the extended version.

Im aware of the shortcut thumbnails and they are very handy but looking around with the mouse gives me a much more real experience.

Hi, already seen that topic and is not the same. Never the less, i've tried the sugestions but its no good for me. Mean while I've done some more testing and found more details.

Let me try to explain better:

Lets say I have just loaded the bus set cold&dark and gone thru the checklists until PB.

No problem until now.

When the plane starts moving I have vc view activated and I'm facing forward. I press the space bar (and keep it pressed) and the cross appears on the center of screen. I move the mouse so I can take a look at the pedestal ( for example) and release the mouse but keep pressing the space bar.

The view starts jumping between the position I've left it (looking at the pedestal) and facing forward ( the initial position) and keeps jumping back and forward until I release the space bar.

Another thing I've notice is the movement is only horizontal. If I'm looking at the pedestal I'm looking right and down. When the view jumps facing forward its facing the rudder pedals.

When the PB stops and the plane is fully stopped the problem ends.

I've not notice before the relation with the aircraft movement because for some reason I can't also figure out, after starting fsx and deploy the bus on the airport with parking brakes set the plane was moving without noticing forward. I've just realize that after being exploring the mcdu for a while when I start seeing strange things inside the cockpit and moved for a external view and found the plane almost inside the airport building.

A little extensive but hope to have explain exactly what I'm seeing.

• Aerosoft

Hi, already seen that topic and is not the same. Never the less, i've tried the sugestions but its no good for me. Mean while I've done some more testing and found more details.

Let me try to explain better:

Lets say I have just loaded the bus set cold&dark and gone thru the checklists until PB.

No problem until now.

When the plane starts moving I have vc view activated and I'm facing forward. I press the space bar (and keep it pressed) and the cross appears on the center of screen. I move the mouse so I can take a look at the pedestal ( for example) and release the mouse but keep pressing the space bar.

The view starts jumping between the position I've left it (looking at the pedestal) and facing forward ( the initial position) and keeps jumping back and forward until I release the space bar.

Another thing I've notice is the movement is only horizontal. If I'm looking at the pedestal I'm looking right and down. When the view jumps facing forward its facing the rudder pedals.

When the PB stops and the plane is fully stopped the problem ends.

I've not notice before the relation with the aircraft movement because for some reason I can't also figure out, after starting fsx and deploy the bus on the airport with parking brakes set the plane was moving without noticing forward. I've just realize that after being exploring the mcdu for a while when I start seeing strange things inside the cockpit and moved for a external view and found the plane almost inside the airport building.

A little extensive but hope to have explain exactly what I'm seeing.

Ahh right... the mouse look option of FSX. I really forgot about that one and we simply did not expect anybody to use that anymore. I do not think we can change that, but I will have a look.

Hi,

I've made a full install but on w8 instead of w7 and the problem has gone. Not sure if due to the fresh install or to w8 but it works just fine. Maybe I try a full install over w7 to make sure. Anyway I'm happy with the result.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Merry Xmas & 2013 full of airbus hours :)

Archived