While starting engine 2?

Sam Millar

Hi Guys

I'm stuck a little bit. We select ENG MODE SEL to IGN Start, and then switch the Master Switch 2 to ON. Engine 2 should start running up but it does not, and on the FADEC, Engine 2 display has small yellow line where N1 % is.

I'm sure I done somethign wrong but cannot figure what?

Hi Sam, have you seen this thread and tried it's solutions? http://forum.aerosof...age__hl__engine

Hey!

It's seems Nukky69's advice of:

I solved the prob now.

Two things to do:

1. Switch X-Bleed switch to Auto, coz. there is no pressure on the right engine otherwise.

( With the checklist procedure the PNF not switch it to Auto possition !)

2. Before I start the engines I move the throttles "forward and back" one time.

Strange, but it works.

helps me, so engine two is now starting. Sorry I never seen that thread before! Thanks for reply. :)

Ok I feel silly again ^^ When I move my throttle the thrust levers do not move. Obviously I have misread or misinterpreted something. xD

Do you calibrate them through FSX or through FSUIPC, and what model are they?

Do you calibrate them through FSX or through FSUIPC, and what model are they?

Through FSX, it's the Saitek X52. When I advance my throttle the animation doesn't happen but the engines N1 moves about 5%.

EDIT, just calibrated it through the desktop and the throttle axis works as should. Tried it in FSX and it doesn't move at all. I haven't tried calibrating it through FSUIPC, I'm not sure how to.

Through FSX, it's the Saitek X52. When I advance my throttle the animation doesn't happen but the engines N1 moves about 5%.

Okay. I'm going to link two specific threads, and one subforum. Read through and try the first two. Then, go to the 3rd here which is a subforum for throttle issues where you will see several topics about throttle issues. Once through the ones that pertain to you, feel free to post in them if they do not work/you have questions.

1. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60206-throttle-issues-and-suggestions-for-fixing-them/

2. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60289-read-first/

3. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/550-throttle-issues-without-fsuipc/

Goto

(Win 7):

C:\Users\User_name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended\

NOTE !! that the exact name can depend on You OS language, for German i will be:

C:\Users\User_name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Dateien\AerosoftAirbusExtended\

If no folder named \AirbusExtended\ can be found in You local language folder, then copy that folder from the english folder into the local.

Sorry, I'm not fully understanding what it's asking me to do. In My Documents folder, I can see the Airbus Extended folder with the ASI file or whatever it was it was asking for. But then what?

Sorry, I'm not fully understanding what it's asking me to do. In My Documents folder, I can see the Airbus Extended folder with the ASI file or whatever it was it was asking for. But then what?

That only applies if you have a different language OS installed. If you have an English version of Windows installed, don't worry about that one.

That only applies if you have a different language OS installed. If you have an English version of Windows installed, don't worry about that one.

With you now! In that case my OS install is indeed English. I just done a short test and my problem is only existing with this aircraft. I tried messing around with FSUIPC there and my throttle does react to various settings i was trying so it looks like I will have to use my joystick through that but I have no idea how.

With you now! In that case my OS install is indeed English. I just done a short test and my problem is only existing with this aircraft. I tried messing around with FSUIPC there and my throttle does react to various settings i was trying so it looks like I will have to use my joystick through that but I have no idea how.

You can try this solution if you would like: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60267-q-for-x52-pro-users/#entry430180

Not having your hardware, nor using FSUIPC, that link above and the forum I suggested in 3. above are what I personally can do. If that post of the others do not help, hopefully someone else can come and guide you through what you need to do.

I'm honestly completely confused by all of this and it probably doesn't help that it's 0250! I have no idea why my throttle isn't just working because I had no problems with just the Airbus X and i've never had to use FSUIPC etc for that. Maybe all will become apparent in the morning when i'm not as tired, I hope because I'm really desperate to fly this bird now after having pushed back only to find I'm going no where. :(

Archived