View panning

rsvette12

Hi Guys:

New to airbus products I have a couple of questions, need to learn this bird but right off the bat when I am panning in the VC left and right it is very very slow seems ok when I pan up and down but not left to right very strange what could be causing this, I use a ch yoke - also do I need NavDataPro payware for ils landings in Aairbus extended ? - Oh one other thing that I noticed is the windsheild which actually is not actually showing seems a bit weird like looking thru a windowless frame ? was that intentional ? Thank you.

Regards, Rich

Hi Rich,

As for the panning issue, have you seen this thread? http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60282-slow-panning/

Try switching off the view system to go to the standard FSX VC view, or assign a hotkey to go to it.

As for needing NavDataPro, the Extended already comes with a full AIRAC cycle. So, you don't need to actually buy anything more, unless you want up to date nav data. As for using it for ILS landings, the ILS is a form of ground based radio navigation. Nav data can only take you there, but the radio navigation of the ILS is what gives you the proper lateral and vertical navigation.

Lastly, for you windshield, not too sure what you mean, would you might sharing a screenshot to demonstrate?

Hope this helps.

Hi Kyle thanks buddy for quick response this was in the thread you linked "I found the possibility to switch off the view system in the right FMC and everything is fine" can you post a pic of where this is ?

as for the windsheild I am refferring to looking out the front window not sides it appears facing forward there isin't any visual reference of it being a piece of glass I will post a shot, thank you.

Sure! On the Right MCDU, you will see at LSK4R "OPTIONS". Next click "VIEWS". Then, the first soft key on the left you will see "VIEW SYSTEM". Push that key and it will go to OFF. Your view will reset and you will be in the standard FSX VC view mode.

opth.jpg

Ok forgot to load Opus panning works fine so need to check into that not your problem - here is the screenshot does not appear to have glass has to be the way it was modeled I would assume ? thanks on the MCDU settings Kyle you guys are quick :)

24c8kkg.jpg

Ok, the reflections are very faint on your system, but you can see the window is actually there. I've downloaded and reuploaded your shot to highlight two things in red. You'll see the vents are reflecting on the windsheild (bottom left red circle), and the window heating elements on the windshield (lower right circled red).

24c8kkg.jpg

Haha, okay Rich, but you can also see the reflections on the left window in your screenshot of the bulkhead and bar coming down. But either way, I understand. Maybe someone can create some new window textures to increase the amount of reflection on them.

There yo go Kyle great idea Kyle does shockwave 3d lights work with this Airbus lights are very soft just loaded up night flight to double check ? thank you.

I actually do not know about that, as I do not have Shockwave 3D lights. Hopefully someone that does/has knowledge about it can come by and answer that.

Archived