For the Dev's a few thoughts on the A320/321

DLH9KA

Hello Folks,

Here a few thoughts on the Airbus X extented after a couple of flights.

As I noticed that the aerosoft website wasn't reachable yesterday, I knew the Bus must have been released!

And indeed as we all know it was! :)

Without delay I took out my FSX DVD's and put that sim into operation again as I'm still with FS9 so far.

While downloading I installed FSX, tweaked it again, put my scenery back online and prepared myself with the Step by Step tutorial.

Honestly I was curious if my old Computer would be able to run it and how the new Airbus for FSX would perform.

Well after installing and reading some major points in the manuals I finally was there, standing at Cologne Airport.

Stunned by the sound of the packs and cooling equipment and engines I began to have a look around in the Cockpit.

What awesome work you did guys!!! :D

Even the small monitor used for the door camera can be switched on, how cool!

Opening the captains window I even heard the wind blowing outside....

So the visuals and sound stuff simply was blowing me away!

And it is still today after several hours flying!

Well and it will in future!

I changed to Cold and Dark state and began to prepare my Flight into Hamburg.

Somehow all that stuff went extremely flawless and just as this Bus has been designed to Fly and fly and fly and fly!

After hacking all my stuff into the MacDoo I continued some exploring of the Cockpit as I couldn't get enough of this one!

I pushed some buttons played around and suddenly.....

What the f***???

My printer began to work???

This crazy Bird just printed the Performace data I put into the MCDU???

Yes it did and I couldn't beleive it!

I have to admit, that was the point where I minimized FSX for a while and went back to the manuals!

What other cool stuff would I find there?

Honestly you Aerosoft Guys, the amount of gimmicks and features you put into this Aircraft here is simply stunning!

Meanwhile after a few flights and using Checklists, RAAS, hearing ATC chatter, Crew announcements and printing Perf Data I'm glad I bought this bird!

I never found an Airbus such immersive and capable of bringing the feeling of flying an A320 towards an armchair pilot!

I don't even bother anymore I forgot to use the discount price as I own the first Airbus X as well!

But I also found some glitches in it!

I already noticed some of them have already been reported and beeing looked into or are already known.

Beside these bugs already reported there are two, or actually three things I want to add here.

First I think there is a glitch in the Direct to Logic.

When pressing Direct To and selecting a waypoint the T-P is not constantely moving along with my Aircraft but remaining stationary where I selected the Waypoint.

As soon as I Insert the Direct To the Bus wants to follow the Route from the T-P towards the Waypoint and as the T-P is left behind a bit because of the time I needed to Insert it, it flys a bit offtrack and returning to the track with some curved flying.

I think the T-P should be constantly moving with the Aircrafts PPOS until one presses INSERT and the a Route from T-P to the selected Waypoint should be drawn not before!

Furthermore while doing so the new Direct routing should be in yellow dashed lines beside the original route on the ND as we entered the Temp Flightplan mode in the Thales Software until we INSERT the Direct To. And unfortunetely Abeam Waypoints and Radial In/Out are not working for me.

I don't know what is intended to work and what not so maybe you can have a look at this one ;)

Second thing I noticed, is the ToD

For me it wasn't correct and the FMGS did not calculate it correctly regardless of which Cost Index.

It allways has been placed way before it would make sense.

Example Arrival in to EDDH NOLGO23 transition.

You have to be leveld at Nolgo at FL110 or below.

The ToD has allways been placed 60nm or more before the Altitude Constr. and my Cruising Level was 25000ft.

The next Alt restricion was about 30 or more miles behind with 3000ft.

So the descent from FL250 to 3000 feet would never ever use 90NM!

Even with a 3° Angle you would need about 40NM from 250 to 110 and another 24NM from 110 to 3000.

So maybe there is bug in the logic here ;)

The third thing I noticed, is that the MCDU doesn't reset itself after Landing.

Well this is in fact not a big deal but would be another great feature for the Aircraft :D

Beside all that I have to admit you did a great Job guys!!!

The FBW feels and flys like a charm, the sounds are amazing and the look of the Aircraft is simply stunning!

I know you guys put a lot of effort and time into this Bird and be sure you didn't fail at all!

After flying the first Version I was a bit sceptical about what to expect but the things you wanted to include and wanted to be better and more complete, worked out!

Thanks team for this great Aircraft !

P.S. I was talking about my old computer earlier...

It's an old DualCore with WinXP and I'm able to fly that bird with all of the AddOn sceneries at 15-20fps on the ground with ASE REX and online traffic on VATSIM and at 25-35fps airborne :D :D

Of course I put down some sliders for scenery Autogen etc but in fact it's working absolutely fine!

Kind Rgds, Patrick

Hi Patrick, thank you for the kind words. All of you 3 issues are known, and funnily enough have the same answers.

1st- DIR TO is still being tweaked, expect more on a service pack.

2nd- TOD is also still being tweaked (you'll find that one around the forums as well)

3rd- Turnaround is also slated for service pack (as well as go-arounds)

Overall, they aren't huge issues, hence the release, but absolutely still need touching up, which there are plans for. Hope this helps!

Hey Kyle thx for reply!

Really great to hear that all of this is known already ;)

You are right most of the issues found are absolutely no Show stoppers!

One thing forgot however

Since the release yesterday my life now consists of only 4 things;

Being an ATC guy (real wordl)

Flying A320 virtually

Eating

Sleeping

:D :D :D

Yeah this rocks!

Rgds Patrick

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Patrick,

I am glad you like this "bird". I just want to add something in connection with "Turnaround".

If you are using the checklist and copilot functionality 5 minutes after finishing the Parking CL all system automatically will be set back (no need to close and start FSX again). A count-down clock is running on the Infobar and you can start with your flight preparations for the next flight. Please see chapter 5.24 of the Vol. 6 stepbystep guide .....

Hanse

Archived