Airbus X - What I dont like...

Nukky69

- when I increase the speed in the Autopilot only 1 knots, then the rpm of the engines increase extremly

(they roar like crazy)

- cannot dim the cockpit lights (only On and OFF)

- I need to use a joystick again to move the throttles :(

Does anybody know, how to import flightplans (FSX or FS_Commander) ?????

- when I increase the speed in the Autopilot only 1 knots, then the rpm of the engines increase extremly

(they roar like crazy)

- cannot dim the cockpit lights (only On and OFF)

- I need to use a joystick again to move the throttles :(

Does anybody know, how to import flightplans (FSX or FS_Commander) ?????

Flightplans can not be imported at the moment.

Using a joystick is required and there are no intentions to change that.

I'll ask the developers about dimmable cockpit lights, but I do not expect them to build them. Honestly, I do not really think they're needed. Why do you?

also ask them for strobe ground refelection...i just love it, to wait at night at the runway for line up, turn on the strobes, take a look in the back with track ir on the strobe effect..and go for it :P

That is a cool feature, and we've asked for it as well. As of now no plans to implement, but I wouldn't say no!

I expected that the Airbus X Extended MCDU would be a big step forward.

The only good thing is that SID/STARS are available now.

But they forgot the most important thing: The possibility to import Flightplans !! :(

Most addons of other developers, also freeware aircrafts have such an option.

Dimmable lights (PMDG offers this) are good when flying during sunset or sunrise or over long distances...

(Sry. for my bad english)

As has been stated multiple times here and even in the preview thread, the ability to import flightplans may come with the first service pack. That has always been quite clear.

But they forgot the most important thing: The possibility to import Flightplans !! :(

Not really. There is the option to create company routes. You can create easily your own routes which will be stored and could be loaded in the MCDU. Please check the manual for it or ask if you need assistance. If you will go for a flight, just create this new route in the database and store it. You only have to do it once and you can use it until this route is changed.

Of course FPLN import is simple in terms of entering one, but Blueflight is right;

You can save any route you manually enter and use it as comany route.

Furthermore it's more about the developers of FSC or FSBuild or whatever programm to make that possible by reading the CORTES textfile, and adding the respective routes there.

Rgds, Patrick

@ DLH9KA:

Sounds interesting !

Can you tell me some more about those CORTES textfiles. Where can I find them in Airbus X ?

(It´s a new "thing" for me.)

I know there is a possibility with FSC to save a text-file based route-plan...

Found an answer already now in the Forum:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/59740-flight-plan-format/

@ DLH9KA:

Sounds interesting !

Can you tell me some more about those CORTES textfiles. Where can I find them in Airbus X ?

(It´s a new "thing" for me.)

I know there is a possibility with FSC to save a text-file based route-plan...

Found an answer already now in the Forum:

http://forum.aerosof...ht-plan-format/

Hello,

go to your /USER/DOCUMENTS/FLIGHT SIMULATOR X EXTENDED/ folder - there is the CORTE.TXT file. In this file (open it via EDITOR) you can place easily your company routes.

Flightplans can not be imported at the moment.

Using a joystick is required and there are no intentions to change that.

I'll ask the developers about dimmable cockpit lights, but I do not expect them to build them. Honestly, I do not really think they're needed. Why do you?

Hi Why not fix them as intended. Why does Airbus think they should be a dimmible position which is show in the Airbus X but not working.

I would like the dimmible option.

Bob

The flightplan toppic makes me loose some more hair :mecry_s:

Meanwhile I try to solve the prob via the Corte File, but smth. goes wrong there...

EXAMPLE:

Short flightplan EDDE to EDDF (filename EDDEEDDF02)

[CoRte2]

CoRteName=EDDEEDDF02

ArptDep=EDDE

ArptArr=EDDF

RwyDep=EDDE10

RwyArr=EDDF25L

RwyArrFINAL=ILS25L

Airway1=DIRECT

Airway1FROM=FDA

Airway1TO=HNU

The result is: HNU is not shown in the FMC-flightplan...only FDA.

When I set RWYARR=ILS25L, then the FMC automaticly adds the Fix "LEDKI".

Now I tryed to put in:

Airway3=DIRECT

Airway3FROM=HNU

Airway3TO=LEDKI

The result is, that HNU is positioned before FDA ! :(

Damn, it is the wrong order !!

First FDA, then HNU would be the correct order.

Step by step the Airbus X Extended makes me upset. :mallet_s:

• Aerosoft

I expected that the Airbus X Extended MCDU would be a big step forward.

The only good thing is that SID/STARS are available now.

Most addons of other developers, also freeware aircrafts have such an option.

Dimmable lights (PMDG offers this) are good when flying during sunset or sunrise or over long distances...

(Sry. for my bad english)

So with all the features we have, the one you find MOST important is something that real a Airbus does not have? Something that would be unrealistic? And that is more important than say the FBW, MCDU etc. I am sorry that we have different opinions on what is important, lol.

As we said we will check this feature out later (and we need help from the flightplanner makers for that) but it has a very low priority. It takes a real pilot a few minutes to enter a flight plan, it takes me a minute more.

• Aerosoft

Hi Why not fix them as intended. Why does Airbus think they should be a dimmible position which is show in the Airbus X but not working.

I would like the dimmible option.

Bob

Sorry we do not intend to add this as it has some side effects we do not like, mainly because it uses a lot more memory.

• Aerosoft

Yes I hate the fact you cannot see any wing tips from the VC, only the nav light, flying with out wings.

But a real pilot would have to unbuckle to see them. Do you really look so much at the wingtips that you are willing to increase the VC memory size and loose a bit of speed. I discussed this with the real pilots in the testing and they don;t really look at the wings a lot (if ever). Why should they?

Sorry we do not intend to add this as it has some side effects we do not like, mainly because it uses a lot more memory.

Why don't you perhaps remove the lights that can already be dimmed? E.g. MCDU

• Aerosoft

Why don't you perhaps remove the lights that can already be dimmed? E.g. MCDU

It was easy to make the light dimmable for the right MCDU so the developers who did that one added it. No need to remove it as it is only a text color that changes. Hardly takes any memory. In fact we did not even know, lol.

Archived