3 Monitor Surround & Spinning Cursor Issue

Manny

Most aircrafts have this issue if you have 3 monitor in Surround view. some pop up panels when invoked, causes your cursor sot start spinning and eats up an additional 12FPS. This is a real performance killer. But there is usually a simple fix for this. which is to modify your Window_Size parameter in Windowxx section in your panel.cfg. But that did not fix it for the Airbus xtended. But I found this works

I have a temporary solution. not sure if this would hinder me in anyother way or not. I Since I have good visibility in my 3 monitor setup, I don't care for all those views and panels... so I just commented them out in the panel.cfg. I think I need the Main Panel window.. and I also need the MCDU which are not creating the issue.. its one or more of the other windows that is causing the issue... not sure which ones.

Are there any windows here that I have commented out that I would definitely need?

[Window Titles]

Window00=Main Panel

//Window01=Horizontally Panel Bar

//Window02=Vertical Panel Bar

//Window03=Checklist Info

//Window04=Horizontally Wing View Bar

//Window05=Vertical Wing View Bar

Window06=Left MCDU

//Window07=DEBUG

Hi Manny, looks good to me. As long as you have 06 and below. Give it a shot, but remember to please backup your work.

Thanks Kyle

What is this gauge?

Windows03 Checklist info. Is this just a display of sort?

gauge00=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!

Checklist_Info, 0,0,805,35

and yes..I can confirm that I cannot have anyone of these windows that I have commented out displayed in a 3 monitor surround view. Some adjustments would have to be made for these windows in panel.cfg to accommodate in 3 monitor setup. Maybe as part of the first patch. I really don't need any of em ...except I am not sure of that checklist window.. Not sure what that is.

//Window01=Horizontally Panel Bar

//Window02=Vertical Panel Bar

//Window03=Checklist Info

//Window04=Horizontally Wing View Bar

//Window05=Vertical Wing View Bar

Window06=Left MCDU

//Window07=DEBUG

Exactly Andy, all of those below 06 are for the views system, best to leave them there just in case. You can of course experiment Manny, but with caution and with backups.

Exactly Andy, all of those below 06 are for the views system, best to leave them there just in case. You can of course experiment Manny, but with caution and with backups.

OK Thank you. I cannot leave it there (I have a backup)..cause if I hit Shit+n that invokes those windows, the problem appears and its impossible to display those windows...thats why I asked what that window does. ...so I just commented it it out. Except for the main window and the MCDU which is not creating issues.. so I am good.

Thanks

MAnny

Archived