FMGC deleting route weird flight behaviour

Rotate

Hi there,

First of all this bird looks stunning and runs extremely smooth! Tough I am having sme trouble with the FMGC and the flight dynamics. I am currently enroute CPH-MAN, durng climb out in Copenhagen from runway 04R did the olane not follow the SID, NAV was on and the autopilot engaged. The green line kept increasing and the plane just continued to follow the seemingless endless continued line on the ND. So I deleted the first waypoint so that the plane would catch up with the next one, but the FMGC just deleted the entire flightplan. I managed to tell the plane to fly direct LIBSO but the FMGC did not update TOC, TOD and the cruising altitude.

As I entered cruise the plane started shaking and jumping up and down, it is doing so again and again even on cruise, it cant be the weather. There is heavy and fast input on the ailerons and the plane is shaking from side to side.

I was flying the ODN1A departure from runway 04R in Copenhagen.

How many FPS do you get? If it's less than 18 please reduce the graphic setting to get more than 18FPS.

Did you use increased simulation rate by any chance? I flew it with increased simrate yesterday and had these problems there, but I never encountered them on normal rate!

Didn't change the weird flight behaviour.

Sorry to hear, I'll ask our dev Joshua if he can come on here later this evening and help shed some light/help troubleshoot what may be the cause.

just to add a few remarks to the FMGC problem. There seem to be a general issue with changing the flight plan in-flight. Adding targets usually works ok but removing elements can have weird results (not always though). One thing that often goes out the window after a removal is the TOD calculation (I think there are other posts on this). Same applies to D-TO changes - very often I have either no TOD or the blue hockey for the descend guidance has gone on vacation after it. I use my mental calculations for the descend then. My guess is that the recalculation of the new flightplan state does not happen or is faulty. I think that is a prime candidate for SP1.

And the shaking bus I get when increasing sim rate above x2 - to me an indication that the whole FMGC/ND complex is very demanding and lower spec systems do get a problem in certain situations.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that the plane shakes violently if i over speed or encounter high winds. Once this starts happening the plane does not seem to want to fly properly even when i slow down to appropriate speeds. :(

Archived