ND not refreshing route

turbojetfan

Been following the development of the Airbus Extended for a while now and I was able to purchase it today. The aircraft has been amazing so far and I absolutely love it however I was performing a flight today from KLAX-KSEA and enroute, I noticed I had forgotten to add a waypoint into my flight plan. So, I punched in the missing VOR (BTG) and intersection (COUGA) and although they showed up properly in the FMC and the autopilot followed them, the Navigation display did not show these newly added points. Is this a case of user error or does it appear to be a bug?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Jarrod

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been following the development of the Airbus Extended for a while now and I was about to purchase it today. The aircraft has been amazing so far and I absolutely love it however I was performing a flight today from KLAX-KSEA and enroute, I noticed I had forgotten to add a waypoint into my flight plan. So, I punched in the missing VOR (BTG) and intersection (COUGA) and although they showed up properly in the FMC and the autopilot followed them, the Navigation display did not show these newly added points. Is this a case of user error or does it appear to be a bug?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Jarrod

Okay, I loaded up and was able to insert those two waypoints, and they showed up on the ND. Do you by chance have any screenshots of what you saw? Also, your flightplan if able?

2012121719302668.jpg

I thought I did grab a screen shot but when I went to post it into paint, it had disappeared. Lemme see if I can recreate the flight exactly as I did earlier.

No problem! Just take some screens and let us know your steps, and we'll be glad to help.

No problem! Just take some screens and let us know your steps, and we'll be glad to help.

I tried to replicate exactly what I did earlier but no luck. It was my first flight with the bus and I remember on takeoff from LAX, I had 24L programmed with the CASTA2.GMN transition. I tried to engage the autopilot right after takeoff and I ended up taking control and over riding it causing it to disconnect. I re-eganged it shortly after, past "ENNEY" and it followed the route that was programmed with no issues. I did notice also, in the top-right corner of the ND, where it shows the waypoint you're heading to, that never changed from "620" (the first point after 24L) the whole flight. Perhaps it was just a freak occurrence but if it pops up again, I'll be sure to document it.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. If you do have that happen again, where the active waypoint is not the next waypoint, you can solve that by selecting the next waypoint on the DIR TO page of the Left MCDU. Sometimes, if you do not fly over/by or close enough to a waypoint it will not trip the activation, but a DIR TO will solve that.

Kyle - I think there actually is a bug here - it works like this:

Route KPHX-KLAX, BXK3.PKE.J4.TNP.SEAVU2 FL360, CI50

When I take off from Phoenix, there's an altitude pseudowaypoint at 1550 feet off the departure end of Runway 25R that's part of the SID. This waypoint never sequences at the top right of the ND. It stays 1550 for the entire flight even though it should be showing BKX, PKE, TNP etc as the flight progresses. The T/C and T/D markers are also wrong and don't sequence on the ND when this happens. The the FMGC does appear to be correctly following the route, but nothing on the ND reflects this.

This happens on every SID I've been able to find that contains an altitude psuedowaypoint like this. In your screenshot above I bet if you took off that "625" there on your ND would do the exact same thing.

Here's a series of screenshots demonstrating it - I performed multiple DIRs throughout this and it did not fix the issue.

1. This is just starting the takeoff roll - everything looks right here:

pseudo_alt_bug_1.jpg

2. This is past the 1550 psuedo waypoint - INTCPT is now the active waypoint but 1550 still shows active on the ND:

pseudo_alt_bug_2.jpg

3. Between BXK and PKE - still 1550 showing on the ND with the mileage increasing.

pseudo_alt_bug_3.jpg

4. Notice here I'm already at cruise but it's still showing T/C some 40nm ahead of me:

pseudo_alt_bug_4.jpg

5. Past T/C and nothing has changed with the T/C marker on the ND:

pseudo_alt_bug_6.jpg

This continued all the way to LAX where I had a CTD of the entire airplane and sim on 15 mile final as I started extending the flaps for the approach...

I'm also noticing numerous instances where the DEPARTURE and ARRIVAL LAT/REV pages aren't displaying transitions that are there in the raw navdata and/or not actually inserting all the waypoints that are there in the raw data. Example - the ILS 25L into KLAX won't let me select a transition (SEAVU is the one I want - it shows nothing at all for transitions) and as a result I get nothing but the FAF and one other fix in the approach when there should be a ton of waypoints between SEAVU and the FAF.

Ryan

This continued all the way to LAX where I had a CTD of the entire airplane and sim on 15 mile final as I started extending the flaps for the approach...

I'm also noticing numerous instances where the DEPARTURE and ARRIVAL LAT/REV pages aren't displaying transitions that are there in the raw navdata and/or not actually inserting all the waypoints that are there in the raw data. Example - the ILS 25L into KLAS won't let me select a transition (SEAVU is the one I want - it shows nothing at all for transitions) and as a result I get nothing but the FAF and one other fix in the approach when there should be a ton of waypoints between SEAVU and the FAF.

Ryan

I hope you haven't started FSX after this flight,

I need you to gather this logs, FMGS.log, all FMGS.dmp and MCDUFPLData.txt. Zip it up and attach it here.

Hi Aidan,

sorry that i have to ask... but could you please tell me where i could find these files?

Thanks for your help

Chris

Not a problem :) They are all located in this folder:

C:\Users\AIDAN\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended

Be sure to replace AIDAN with your computers username.

I hope you haven't started FSX after this flight,

I need you to gather this logs, FMGS.log, all FMGS.dmp and MCDUFPLData.txt. Zip it up and attach it here.

Josh, sorry I did already restart and do another flight. If I see this again I'll get those files for you. For what it's worth no problems thus far but this departure didn't have an altitude pseudowaypoint - everything's updating fine.

I just got the route not refreshing or updating, here is a picture of it, happened after I put in Direct, although does happen randomly as well

Hi Thomas. If you can, without closing or ending your flight, navigate to your C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER NAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended folder and retrieve your FMGS.log, all FMGS.dmp and MCDUFPLData.txt, and either attach them as they are, or put them into a .zip folder with that screenshot, and attach it here via dropbox or some other means? That would help immensely in figuring out what's going on.

I wanted to upload these files but I can't as they are being used by FSX right now. Can't upload them without closing FSX.

What you need to do is right click them, select Copy, and them paste them to your desktop or a separate folder. Once that is done you can .zip them and close out or end your flight.

I have the same problem at this very moment. I have taken video and pictures of it. Is there enythings special you want me to tell you. Some MCDU pages etc?

Tero

I have the same problem at this very moment. I have taken video and pictures of it. Is there enythings special you want me to tell you. Some MCDU pages etc?

Tero

Yes, without closing or ending your flight, please attach these log files (which can be found in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended) by copying and pasting them outside of that folder (to your desktop or another folder), then attach them here. These log files should have the names;

- FMGS.log

- FMGSXX.dmp

- MCDUFPLData.txt

Also, please include your exact route of flight, SID, STAR, and approach that you made when this happened. Screenshots and video always help as well.

Without these logs we are unable to research the issue and try to create a fix.

Yes, without closing or ending your flight, please attach these log files (which can be found in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended) by copying and pasting them outside of that folder (to your desktop or another folder), then attach them here. These log files should have the names;

- FMGS.log

- FMGSXX.dmp

- MCDUFPLData.txt

Also, please include your exact route of flight, SID, STAR, and approach that you made when this happened. Screenshots and video always help as well.

Without these logs we are unable to research the issue and try to create a fix.

Roger that. Should i land first and then take the logs, or just right now? I have approx 250nm to my destination..

Roger that. Should i land first and then take the logs, or just right now? I have approx 250nm to my destination..

Your choice, the most important thing is to not end or exit from your flight. Preferably just stop after taxiing off the runway, copy those files out, and attach them. That way, if you by any chance run into another issue before you get to your destination your logs will include that too.

Archived