What is wrong with the checklist?

Erikk

Hi there,

I bought this nice aircraft 1 hour ago. At the moment I am flying my first flight. I used the checklist, It has worked correctely. It worked good before takeoff, the taxi checklist was the last one what it did. So I took off and no further checklist. The checklist show now green at taxiing. But I am at FL260. I have co-pilot mode on. What should I do that the checklist will go on?

Erik

Ok Erik, for now, turn off the Co-Pilot/Checklist option.

Next flight, please activate the Info Bar in the Checklist Options menu so you can see the order of what needs to be accomplished for it to work properly.

Also, please try the Step by Step Tutorial flight, where this function is used and fully explained.

In the right MCDU is the "INFO BAR". Please activate it for the first times - it will show up some more informations for you, until you are quite familiar with the checklists. After the Startup Checklist you have to do the taxi checklist which activates up from 10kts taxxing and there after the before take off checklist. This one can be started by pressing 1 in front of the holdind point. In the Options field / Checklist you can define these options.

Kind Regards,

Sascha

Same problem again. The info bar give a message taxi speed 10 knots. But it doesn't do anything more. I was recording it and I will give you a link with all my startup steps today, I will upload it to youtube.

I had the same problem as Erikk. All checklists worked perfectly up to the taxi check list which seemed to hang once taxing commenced. Nothing would move it on to the next checklist. I tried setting parking brake, switching strobes on and off etc but no luck. However, as soon as I took off the infobar message changed to 'Set flaps for landing' which remained on throughout my flight.

The checklist/co-pilot feature is impressive indeed. However, there are some kinks here and there. I first had a problem with what you are describing. Overall, it is important to do two things:

1) enable the info bar (as mentioned)

2) look at the step-by-step document as it contains tables (also listed at the back of the document) which discuss the triggers that cause the checklist and co-pilot to move along.

Specifically on the taxi, I notice some problems if you are also using AES interactivity (which I have been doing). First, the built-in captain/co-pilot will often set or unset the parking brake out of sync with what is expected of AES. For instance, they will unset the parking brake just before pushback when AES is expecting you to set it. This also happens when push-back is completed, which I think is part of the taxi problem (which I had at first myself). What worked for me is that I reset the parking brake after push-back is completed, even after the pilot/co-pilot have unset it. At that point I can get the "taxi > 10 kts" on the info bar. If you don't want the info bar showing at the top, all of its messages are also shown on the right CDU as well.

Again while the checklist/co-pilot feature is nice, I think it has some kinks to work through. However, it is stil very innovative when combined with RAAS. In fact, the next step is to get a FS2Crew implementation going so that we can control these steps ourselves. What the current system is good for is to become very aware of what is expected in each flight.

Same problem again. The info bar give a message taxi speed 10 knots. But it doesn't do anything more. I was recording it and I will give you a link with all my startup steps today, I will upload it to youtube.

Hi!

I had the sam problem... You must to check the brakes pressure... And with rudder, it doesn't check, you must to active and disactive the parking brake to continue... :hi2_s:

• Aerosoft

Gents I am closing this topic as it is very messy and there are so many issues mixed up that it is nearly impossible to answer.

Please do NOT attach a non related question to an existing topic.

And above anything else, do follow the Step by Step to the letter, a simple omission could cause all of the issue we have read here. For myself I have to say it took me three tries to get to the end.

Archived