Airbus X Extended _ Liveries

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the purchase of the AirbusX ( & Extended ) , Aerosoft supply a paintkit with the following paintschemes already made , Air Berlin , Air France , Alitalia , British Airways , Fly Niki , Iberia and Lufthansa ( with the Original AirbusX - US Airways ) . This means that by changing the registrations / selcal codes you can create your own fleet , clean or dirty , although after looking at ( literally ) 1000's of pictures of Airbuses the last three years I haven't see many " clean " ones except when they are just out of the paintshop ready for delivery . The same aircraft a couple of months later is totally different . This is especially true with the low cost airlines and is easy to explain , planes on the ground cost money , in the air they earn it . I would imagine that real world bus drivers will confirm this .

John

Sry but what do you mean with changing the registrations to create my own fleet.??

4 weeks ago i flew with NIKI OE-LEE from Linz to Antalya in real life and it was clean.

1 week later i flew back with OE-LEU and it was also no dirt everywhere

I personally think that a clean one looks better and for ah painter it wouldn't be much work because OE-LEA come with the purchase or does a painter have to do it completely new??

@ Denki ,

Try downloading the paintkit and looking at the Fly Niki set , everything is there to make your own version . That you find them all spotless is your opion and that's fair enough .

@Spiffed .

Download section AirbusX repaints , JanKees Blom .

John

John or Holgi -

Could one of you please do a Frontier Airlines A320

(Sheldon the Sea Turtle, Paxton the Puffin, or Ozzy the Orca preferably - here is a link: http://www.flyfrontier.com/fun-stuff/animal-tales-continued)

This is one of the last airplanes I need in my A320 fleet, and I see many others requesting it as well! While I would prefer Sheldon the Sea Turtle of Ozzy the Orca, or Paxton the Puffin, any of them would be fine in all reality, as long as they are featured on an A320 aircraft in real life.

@Rodrup .

Just because no one answered straight away ( less than 24 hours ago ) , doesn't stop you from searching for a repaint yourself . Expecting everything to be spoon fed to you is not the way to go ( i didnt have to answer either ) , to help you out , try looking in the AirbusX repaints files , there is at least one made by JanKees Blom and maybe Holgi as well . Or pay a visit to Holgi's own repainjt site . Not reading the entire post here ( some 24 pages ) , seems daunting but saves multiple posts requesting paints that have been available for up to three years already and finally , AirbusX repaints work perfectly well in the Extended with a little work . What that work is can be found here in the Tweaking section .

@ Jetsflier ,

JanKees Blom made 4 Frontier repaints in 2010 , namely N201FR Caribou , N202FR Ram , N204FR Eagle and N205FR Orca . These all work in the Extended and the VC textures are ( or will be ) available . It surprised me when JanKees made the Frontier paints as I could never find any high resolution photo's of the tailfins neccessary as anything other than a photoreal tailfin ( ie cutting and pasting a photo into the paintkit ) doesn't have the desired effect .

John

I've tried to make ah clean Niki paint but in FSX it doesn't look well because there are no textures.

I edited it with gimp and o had to save it as ah psd file. Then i changed manually the ending to *.dds but it doesn't work:(

After editing your texture in the paintkit , use Save as . . . . and save as a psd or psp file . Then , again use Save as . . . and save as a bmp . This means that you can then later reopen the psd file to correct any " mistakes " . Use DXTBmp ( by Martin Wright - search using Google ) and covert the bmp texture to dds and save as DXT5 . Do this for all exterior textures . For the VC same procedure except when converting to dds save as DXT1 .

Some knowledge of painting is neccessary if you want to paint the Airbus , there are not many people here who will have the time ( or incentive ) to give a step by step guide to this .

John

Just because an airline decides to re brand itself every few months , it's not reasonable to expect that painters will immediately change their versions of a livery to keep up with those changes . What might seem to be a " simple " change could still be ( at least ) several hours work . This includes searching for ( highly detailed ) photo's of logo's , fonts and such . Also take into account that the painters here , do so because they want to , not because they have to . Be patient , constantly asking for a certain repiant doesn't neccessarily mean that it will be made any quicker , if at all . Any painters will probably be working on other paintschemes that they find more important .

It's not as if there are no Monarch repaints to be found here at Aerosoft , including those supplied with the download and boxed version including one with " sharklets " . Holgi has also uploaded some other Monarch paints which can be found in the downloads section ( my own were made in 2010 and included a retro paintscheme for G-MARA ) .

John

Just because an airline decides to re brand itself every few months , it's not reasonable to expect that painters will immediately change their versions of a livery to keep up with those changes . What might seem to be a " simple " change could still be ( at least ) several hours work . This includes searching for ( highly detailed ) photo's of logo's , fonts and such . Also take into account that the painters here , do so because they want to , not because they have to . Be patient , constantly asking for a certain repiant doesn't neccessarily mean that it will be made any quicker , if at all . Any painters will probably be working on other paintschemes that they find more important .

It's not as if there are no Monarch repaints to be found here at Aerosoft , including those supplied with the download and boxed version including one with " sharklets " . Holgi has also uploaded some other Monarch paints which can be found in the downloads section ( my own were made in 2010 and included a retro paintscheme for G-MARA ) .

John

Absolutely agree - clearly some people have no idea whatsoever how many hours of work are involved in getting a repaint completed and uploaded. In addition to the things John mentioned above, there are the small matters of:

1. ensuring that each texture file precisely matches the adjoining one (can take quite some time if it is a complex design),
  2. getting the designs on rear doors to match the design on the fuselage (if it is not a straight colour),
  3. creating a livery-specific Houchin (if desired),
  4. setting up all the necessary files with the correct matching registration details,
  5. creating the correct colours and designs for the winglets of sharklets, depending on the model,
  6. locating and creating the matching canoe-tip colours when required,
  7. creating the night textures for all the required files once the daytime textures have been completed
  8. collating the text files, screen shots and texture files into a zip and uploading them.

I am sure there are other things I have not remembered.

Then please remember that not only are painters doing this for no return other than the personal satisfaction of doing it well, most of us (I assume) have full time day jobs and family commitments which are a slightly higher priority than the repeated demands of another user to have a particular livery or update or registration number in their hangar.

Consider how time-consuming these eight design processes might be for the brand new Air New Zealand and new American Airlines liveries which I have placed online, or this fictitious airline (based on a range of genuine Aboriginal artworks) I am working on at present, and you may understand that it is not possible for us to drop what we are doing to respond to all the requests that pop up on this forum:

post-83211-0-17049100-1375569351_thumb.j

Having said all of that, I hope some painter out there finds the time to do the liveries that are most (politely) requested, so please do not feel it is inappropriate to make requests or that painters don't wish to help when they can. I have done some requested customised variations on my liveries when I am able to, and will continue to do that when I have the time. I am sure most other painters will too.

What irritates me the most is the way that some " requests " are repeatedly made , point in question was a certain airline that took up several pages and all because the uploads available were not " current " but the airline in question changed the livery after the repaints were released . Anyone painting the AirbusX and Extended reads this thread , maybe not every day but often . Any requests will have been seen and noted .

It seems that that some people just do not understand the amount of ( free ) time that is involved in creating someones " favourite " airline and apparently some also have several favourite airlines . There are literally hundreds of repaints available here at Aerosoft for this aircraft and unfortunately not all are up-to-date for all airlines current liveries , which is not surprising as a lot were made in 2010 .

Having painted the AirbusX since the beginning ( Feb 2010 ) and beyond the release later that year and now with the Extended , seeing the way that some requests are made lessens the motivation to continue . Luckily the majority are asked for in a polite manner and I have made many repaints as asked for by members of the forum . Most of my uploads have been made because I wanted to do them and for the simple reason that I decide when to work and when it's finished .

Another thing that is widely forgotten is a simple thank you after a repaint " wish " has been granted , it's not much , costs nothing but goes a long way .

Currently working on the British Caledonian and British Airways Landor liveries and creating a BA blank ( no reg ) livery for the A320 and A321 with some minor changes using the BA paintkit supplied by Aerosoft .

John

Thanks for your help Rafal.

I didn't know the Airbus X liveries work with the Extended. I tried it once with another livery and it didn't work. In regards to the links you've provided, I can't access the one for Bangkok Airways. It says I have no permission :confused_s:

On the previous page in #932 and #938 ( and several other posts in this thread ) , have mentioned that AirbusX paints work perfectly well in the Extended version . Also posted that it is maybe an idea for Aerosoft to place a banner above the AirbusX paints stating this .

Obviously wasting my time here .

The answer given by most when " looking " for a repaint is that they don't have time to read the complete thread and just post anyway . And that is why there are so many pages in this thread and no other reason .

But they do expect a painter to read this thread and take the time to paint their " request " .

Bit of a slap in the face for others who do take the time and actually read what is posted here .

Same applies to the downloads themselves , is it really so much " work " to look through the pages ? No , apparently it's much easier to request a repaint and let someone else search for you .

In addition to the links given by Rafal , JanKees Blom made two Air India paints , the second being an AIDS awareness paintscheme .

John

Hello,
I would like to request the Thomson Cook Belgium A320 for airbus extended. I think it's a easy repaint.
Thank you in advance to take on this task.

COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL DELETED

Archived