Can't start my Twin Otter X

Shywolf

For some reason, I can't start my Twin Otter X. If I use "Crtl + E" or attempt to start it manually, I get the spool up sound, but no propeller movement or engine start. Help.

Is your fuel turned off?

My fuel condition levers are in the pre-start position 'off' position, then full forward in the 'on' position during the start up procedure as outlined in the manual.

There's a checklist. Following it will likely reveal what you've missed.

I've followed the following to the letter:

Engine Start (Start right engine frst, then left)

[ ] Fuel boost pumps - On, Lights out

[ ] Engine start switch - Engage

[ ] Oil pressure - Check rising

[ ] Ng - Check stabilized

[ ] Fuel lever - On (full forward)

[ ] T5 and Ng gauges - Monitor

[ ] Engine start switch - Back to center position

Repeat for Left engine

Even when I use "Ctrl + E" the engines do not start. Also whenever I start the simulator in the Otter, the engines are running at the beginning but then die down (regardless of my throttle lever position).

My FSX version: 10.0.61472.0 (SP 2.20071210-2023)

My OS: Windows 7 (64 bit) fully updated

FSX install location: D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

I found a workaround which might provide more clues: if I use TweakFS's TweakFlight http://www.tweakfs.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=46&osCsid=43fe025a7ddf7a467c2161f5045d8660 utility to launch the flight with the Otter, everything works perfect (including "Ctrl + E" startups).

Then likely the problem is with the default flight you start FSX with.

Create a new default flight, then switch to the Twotter, place it in the state you desire (cold.n.dark, ready to taxi, ready to take off etc) and save that.

Use that as the startup for the Twotter.

Archived