What happens now with Gamespy withdrawing their servers?

Habit

How are we going to make it without Gamespy. I know in the past I have flown online with my Dad by sharing my IP address. But if we want to meet up with Toby, to fly around the Netherlands how will we do it? It was convenient to use the FSX inbuilt Gamespy link, will we be forced into VATSIM or another Virtual ATC world? I liked the informality of our gatherings and hope another provider will step up and provide a similar service.

For those interested this site provides some options for Multiplayer use, http://www.fsxbeyondgamespy.com/index.html. I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting the link. I have been logging onto the Teamspeak server periodically in the hope of finding somebody online but the connection to the Aerosoft server fails, I don't know if that has also been pulled. There seems to be a lack of interest in pursuing this further, I may start flying with VATSIM there is a keen group that operate around Gloucester Staverton airport (EGBJ) Gary Summons (UK2000) has produced some good scenery for GA airports in the UK, we shall see. What with Christmas and then relocating to Dubai my time is liable to be pretty limited anyway.

FSHost will accomodate both FSX, FS2004, FS2002 AND P3D online flyers at the same time, which is a great thing. I know that Matt and I have had wishes of seeing FSX and P3D in the same multiplayer session - and now its possible. Perhaps the Gamespy cut-out will end up being a good thing, as we need to be creative, and I am sure more possibilities will emerge on the horizon.

I only wish Microsoft would have warned anyone, instead of this night-shift movement - but that seems to be the way MS does business... (Acer-team, Flight!, and now Gamespy.. sigh)

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had too many problems with DAF Sim dropping connections which was the main reason the Andras Field Server was moved away from VAE.

We operate a 24/7 server using a direct connetion interface as well as the previously mentioned one. We are still here and you are all more than welcome to use our servers anytime.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all Andras Field comrades,

Any news yet Matt ? Previously I've taken your advice on what to use as far as server, team speak etc, which never worked for me. I don't even mind paying a few dollars per year toward Aerosoft to get this game up and running. new12.gif I think that if Aerosoft would come to the party, Andras Field would take off like a rocket ! happy2.gif

At the moment, I'm just flying on my own and giving everyone the shits by buzzing over their rooftops. 1funny.gif Anyhoooo, I hope something gets sorted soon.

Cheers cheers.gif

Spud,

I like you am frightening the neighbours! I have parked Helis on their roof, back garden but nobody is coming out to play!

Yes, it's sad mate and I wish we could join up together there. I've even used some of the hangers without having permission. :)

Archived