ATR custom sounds not working

I am very unhappy at the recent purchase of the ATR for xplane 10. Having spent $30 on it, and now there are no custom sounds + the logo light toggle switch is in operable renders this plane not fully functional as described. I chatted with mcphatt , but they forwarded me here. I did two fresh installs, I am on 10.20beta 5, osx. Please help with this, $30 down the drain

I too noticed no sounds for the likes of switches, seatbelt signs etc, but the worst sound issue is the external engine sounds the same at full throttle and 15% power, no slowing down of engine sounds at all.

well did you rotate the button to TO,CLB, CRZ then the engin sound would changes also the proformance of the engins as far as i remember i cant give a picture at the moment as i dont have x-plane runnig at the moment due to re-install of the pc.. so i just took the picture from aerosoft page and high lighted the button.. also what version ? 32 bit or 64 bit of x-plane ? but i hope its just rotating the button..

post-32482-0-24034800-1355050669_thumb.j

there should be no switches to press to hear the thrust of the prop change, and yeah why include custom sounds and in audible levels, advertise the plane with such sounds only to be disappointed and waste money.

running 64bit, but also tried on 32bit, xplane 9 and 10.11. No differences Very unrealistic nor fun,

Hello,

the McPhat Studios knows abaut that (Sounds...). I think they work on the problem.

Greets

hi heinz, thanks for the chime in. mcphatt told me to let you guys know, I'm not sure they are working on it. can you confirm they are and eta? fell like i lost my money

• Administrator

Hi xp10fan08,

Ok, I know that McPhat knows about the sound problems. But if they really are planning to bring out an update that I can not tell. Sorry..

But I will try again to talk to McPhat ...

Greets

Hi xp10fan08,

Ok, I know that McPhat knows about the sound problems. But if they really are planning to bring out an update that I can not tell. Sorry..

Greets

why can't you share and eta for purchasers of a product that does not work correct?

Hi xp10fan08,

Greets

thanks for the help

Thank you for posting. We will fix the no smoking and seatbelts sounds problem and also there will be a logo light.

All sounds are custom: the engine and propeller sounds, the call outs, the AP disconect sound, etc. But we don't use plugins, so we have some limitations (but that also has some benefits, sometimes).

Be sure that we want to improve this aircraft and that includes the sounds and the night lighting. This aircraft is far from being perfect, but no aircraft is perfect and will never be.

This reminds me when the CRJ by Rollon came out: as you know, that plane is very complex, very deeply simulated, but days after release one user was very upset with the sounds, another user inmediately uploaded a new set of souds. But in the opinion of others the original sounds were far better...

You can find a good review, very balanced, of the plane here:

http://xsimreviews.com/2012/12/07/xsimreviews-the-weekend-update-for-7-december-2012/

Regards

Thank you for posting. We will fix the no smoking and seatbelts sounds problem and also there will be a logo light.

All sounds are custom: the engine and propeller sounds, the call outs, the AP disconect sound, etc. But we don't use plugins, so we have some limitations (but that also has some benefits, sometimes).

Be sure that we want to improve this aircraft and that includes the sounds and the night lighting. This aircraft is far from being perfect, but no aircraft is perfect and will never be.

This reminds me when the CRJ by Rollon came out: as you know, that plane is very complex, very deeply simulated, but days after release one user was very upset with the sounds, another user inmediately uploaded a new set of souds. But in the opinion of others the original sounds were far better...

You can find a good review, very balanced, of the plane here:

http://xsimreviews.c...-december-2012/

Regards

thanks for the reply, what about the engine prop sounds, landing gear and flaps? those are very important too.

how long until updates will come out? I feel it is fair to tell us because of paid money that is now gone from my pocket while using an incomplete project

thanks

thanks for the reply, what about the engine prop sounds, landing gear and flaps? those are very important too.

how long until updates will come out? I feel it is fair to tell us because of paid money that is now gone from my pocket while using an incomplete project

thanks

As a matter of fact, those sounds exist, but they are attenuated because in the real aircraft those sounds are very low. The project is not incomplete, but it is perfectible, as any otro project.

Thank you

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also hoping for a service pack here; I have been using the ATR quite a lot recently and have noticed a few bugs which really need to be fixed.

A little polish on the standby gauges in the VC would not go amiss either as they are not pretty for a payware plane and could use more polygons! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It will be fine and kind if we could get an answer.

I'm sorry, I missed your post. The eta for the patch is May. I have already fixed some of the issues concerning lights: taxi light, strobe lights (now they illuminate any object near them), and I have give more brightness to the cockpit (with and without lights). It will be also a logo light amongst other fixes.

Sorry again for the delay, but expect the patch in May.

I'm sorry, I missed your post. The eta for the patch is May. I have already fixed some of the issues concerning lights: taxi light, strobe lights (now they illuminate any object near them), and I have give more brightness to the cockpit (with and without lights). It will be also a logo light amongst other fixes.

Thank you atgcab.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello atgcab,

it's 05/30/2013 and no news about an update of the ATR 72-500

:mecry_s: :mecry_s: :mecry_s:

Regards DocCruiser

Hello,

i will try to contact McPhat ...

Greets

Hello atgcab,

it's 05/30/2013 and no news about an update of the ATR 72-500

:mecry_s: :mecry_s: :mecry_s:

Regards DocCruiser

Sorry, the patch is done, with some of the fixes you requested plus others; it's on the way. But, about the Air Nostrum livery I'm not sure if there will be new liveries, that's a McPhat task

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, the patch is done, with some of the fixes you requested plus others; it's on the way. But, about the Air Nostrum livery I'm not sure if there will be new liveries, that's a McPhat task

Almost July :) :). Any news??

• 3 weeks later...

Archived