Kamchatka for FSX

YoYo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added most military parkings. So with AI Flight Planner it's possible to add some military traffic. Mytraffic 5.4a has none, but civil traffic. Is it allowed to publish the modified afcad? I would like to share my work. Of course I could also hand over to Aerosoft to save some work.

uhpp.jpg

Good job! UHPP is very clear too. No any 3D models, looks like post nuclear airportbut on the google maps You can see houndreds airplanes, copters....

I'm working on Lenino AB now. Nokia Maps are way more detailed! :clapping_s:

Thank You!!! Cant wait :- ). Good idea to create all airfields from Kamchatka (simply airfiled, as default airports).

Here some screenshots from me too

Look at this wonderful Ilyushin 38. On the satellite maps you can see them parked at Yelizovo next to the older Be-12.

il38takeoff.jpg

From my trials with AI Flight Planner and the updated AFCAD for Yelizovo

Taxi out of two MiG-31 Foxhound

kamchatkamigs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some more impressions from Yelizovo with AI Aircraft installed based on my afcad extension

uhpp.jpg

201319212526328.jpg

Il-38 in a hideaway parking

201319212446202.jpg

Both, the Il-38 and the Be-12 are not dedicated AI aircraft, but it works well on my PC. I also added a water landing at Rybiachiy

201319213131248.jpg

MiG-31 from SBAI, wonderfull detailed Model. It would be worth to have a panel for it.

201318223131789.jpg

Frontline Fighters at Yelizovo

201319212929504.jpg

A C-17 USAF from Mytraffic 5.4a visits Yelizovo? Maybe a result of my parking extensions?

201316201813659.jpg

Submarines in Rybachiy with a Tchaika in the foreground (from my Extensions)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shaun, Hi David

Lenino is not part of Kamchatka the lost World, but an addon, I made for it. Lenino is a given up airbase. I couldn't verify single bushes with the available satellite pictures, but assume the vegetation takes back concrete surface during time, if not maintained. So it's an artist impression from me, not a confirmed fact and no error I hope. The airfield is underlayed with a polygon, removing all trees from the standard scenery, which doesn't have an airfield there.

Regards

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, this looks really close to how I remember the Russian Far East. Excellent job guys.

One comment -- I would be shocked to see a huge cruise ship visiting PK. I have, however, seen them visit Vladivostok, but that was maybe once per year -- and it is WAY further south. In PK I would have expected a few more fishing vessels.

I am anxious to try the military extensions here - thanks for putting the hard work in to that!

EDIT: As far as flights, back in the 1990s Alaska Airlines used to fly there from Anchorage. They would go Anchorage to PK to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk and then on to Vladivostok. Then the next day they would turn around and fly the same way back. Long long flight. They would do that once or twice a week, and alternate with a second route, Anchorage to Magadan to Khabarovsk to Vladik, and then return the same way. Might be a nice idea for a flight plan, or some 'retro' AI traffic.

Hi Ripcord.

Cruise ships visit Kamchatka two or three times a year, sometimes more often.

So we decided to add one of them to the scenery :)

Until 2008, the Mavial airlines made flight Magadan-PK-Anchorage and back. Also an interesting trip.

• 4 weeks later...
What is this file that comes in the zip file with the scenery? "simplicheck_addon_Aerosoft_INT_1.3.10.0_121025_11-29.msi"

Do i have to execute this?

One of those HATEFUL "cleaning-optimizing-makingyourcomputerwonderful" softwares.

Just ignore it... unless you're willing to pay another extra 49$ for almost nothing. Most of what simplicheck does can be done with free software such as CCleaner.

Bests,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which one is the afcad file in version 1.1? Can't find it in the scenery directory.

I'd like to check and of course improve again. There are still a lot of parkings missing. I don't want my fighters parking between the airliners.

• 3 weeks later...

Best regards from Russia!

Was set aerosoft's scenario Kamchatka The Lost World v1.1 (latest). And that's what appears eyes - on the platform of the trees grow, non-uniform coating of overlapping textures, the feeling that the airport's has two substrates, not shown any texture on the main platform!
1eup5l2wiljl.jpg

In the second screenshot shows how the left adjacent to the platform, which is the logic of the mesh and the overall composition should not be at, grow trees. Incidentally it's not on Jeppesen charts in 2013.

mn6721la08pv.jpg

The latter problem was solved by adding afkad file (UHPP_ADEX_DM.BGL) proposed here by Blaunarwal.

But here's the trouble with squares, they are always present at any time of day and year; I can assume that they are the texture of light from projectors. Reinstalling the addon doesn't help.

Advise, what can be done!

This is the FSX start-up screen applied as a texture.

From what little I know, this is not due to light sources. This must be the consequence of missing textures, ie some texture files have been deleted/renamed from your system.

.... This must be the consequence of missing textures, ie some texture files have been deleted/renamed from your system.

agree, probably once I had removed the necessary texture. Chances after installation other (free) scenarios.

Archived