ATR 72 Cold Start Problem -- FIXED!!

Everything works well except when I do a cold start. Neither the gear or flaps will respond to the joystick or key command. The cockpit levers move but gear or flaps don't activate. If I load with the engines running or if I load in a landing approach they work just fine. I have re-installed. XP 10.20b5. It's the same whether I'm running a 32 or 64 bit system. I have a 27' iMac, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz memory, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB. No 3rd party plugins are installed on the 64 bit. Hmmm...

FIXED!!

Sure. It was a permissions issue. When I ran a Disk Repair analysis a "Permissions Differ" showed up for the ATR-72 500 that appeared to refer to the HYD. When I repaired the permissions and rebuilt the directory using Disk Warrior, it worked just fine. That was, however, the first time I ever had a permissions issue with an X-Plane add on that impaired operating the program. If it happens to any other Mac user, they should view and repair the permissions first.

Archived