ATR-72 TRQ Problem

The TRQ problem is I don't have any :-)

I've followed the checklist through to the point I'm ready to take off but when I advance the PL, the TRQ goes to 8-9% then rolls back to idle. All the other engine parameters appear to advance correctly but I don't actually go anywhere.

Also, whilst going through the pre-flight procedures, I noticed that the aircraft starts to 'sink' on it's landing gear until it gets to the point where the main wheels are protruding through their doors above them.

Any ideas?

I've followed the checklist through to the point I'm ready to take off but when I advance the PL, the TRQ goes to 8-9% then rolls back to idle. All the other engine parameters appear to advance correctly but I don't actually go anywhere.

Diid you REALLY press the ignition for each engine for more than 5 seconds (ON will be ignited and when it vanishes you can realease the button).

Very strange. Did it happen one or many times? Did you load the ATR after flying another aircraft, maybe with plugins? Did you try to restart X-Plane and it still happened?

Regards

Diid you REALLY press the ignition for each engine for more than 5 seconds (ON will be ignited and when it vanishes you can realease the button).

Yup. Absolutely.

Very strange. Did it happen one or many times? Did you load the ATR after flying another aircraft, maybe with plugins? Did you try to restart X-Plane and it still happened?

Regards

Same symptoms every time I try the aircraft. I've tried both after flying another aircraft and also immediately starting X-Plane with the same results. I have Gizmo installed but have tried disabling it with no change. I also have Roman and Phillip's T7 and Javier's CRJ installed.

I took a screenshot of what the landing gear looks like:

2lvjl8j.png

Also, contrary to the checklist, when I press the START button for the engine, the CL advances all the way forward without me touching it. I have removed the joystick axes that I had linked to prop RPM and mixture but it still does the same thing.

• Administrator

Hello unharmed,

sometimes it helps to totally remove the GIZMO Plugin from the Plugins folder. To disable it, is sometimes not enough.

And a good idea i think, is to empty the preferences folder (move the content to another location, so that you can remove it...). Than start X-Plane 10 and configure your x-plane and the joystick from scratch.

Greets...

Heinz

Thanks, Heinz. I removed Gizmo completely and that appeared to solve the problem. Still a few little weird things and inconsistencies with the check list but have made successful flights now.

Thanks again!

Archived