Flight Plan format

Sorry guys, but how can I import the corte into the MCDU ? :help_s:

Ok I saved a route via the MCDU and I find it in the corte.txt file but I cannot import it.... My fault or is not implemented ?

If so what is the purpose to save a route if I cannot import for a future use ? :glare_s:

Many thanks!

Bye, Max

OK, I need help there, too. :help_s:

System: Win7/64 and AXE1.04

The thing is: The route is being saved (CO RTE SAVED) and afterwards it's completely there in the CORTE.txt. When I enter the name of the saved route into the MCDU (CO RTE; LSK1) I get the reply: NOT IN DATABASE.

I rechecked with the manual.

There are two relevant ones for me: English and German (my Win7 is German).

In regard to the FMGS.ini file (which I do not need to edit - I don't want SID/STAR saved) it says there:

Look for the FMGS.ini file in the My Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended folder.

... müssen Sie unter Eigene Dokumente\Flight Simulator X Dateien\AerosoftAirbusEXtended die FMGS.ini Datei...

(Please note that the English manual mentions an additional Aerosoft folder.)

In my Dokumente folder [=My Documents] I have three folders that might be targeted:

• Aerosoft
  • Flight Simulator X Files (with a sub-folder "AerosoftAirbusExtended")
  • Flight Simulator X-Dateien (with a sub-folder "AerosoftAirbusExtended")

Now I tried to move folders in order to make them fit one of the descriptions in the manuals. But it still didn't work.

So: What folder is the one AXE looks for the CORTE.txt? Or does the problem lie elsewhere?

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis, the CORTE file is in the AerosoftAirbusExtended folder in the Aerosoft folder in My Documents. C:\Users\[Your Name]\Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended

Hi Dennis, the CORTE file is in the AerosoftAirbusExtended folder in the Aerosoft folder in My Documents. C:\Users\[Your Name]\Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended

Thank you, stt4. It works now.

Interestingly, I have found out that there is yet another difference in the manual section:

...select a name for that flight plan like EDDFLOWW01.

... und wählen einen Namen für die Route (z.B. EDDFLOWW001).

(Note the extra zero in the German manual).

Now there are two things I've noticed:

1. Even though you can save a flight plan EDDFLOWW001, it cannot be loaded afterwards, despite the "CO RTE SAVED" message.
    If you save it with only two figures (EDDFLOWW01), the flight plan will be found afterwards.

2. I did check the FMGS.ini now, even though I had never opened it before. And guess what I found: The [CoRte] FullRoute= line was actually set to 1 instead of 0 (which I had not done). I don't know if it had anything to do with it, though.

I'd say, the problem were the different folders I got from the installation and the 10-character-restriction for flightplans.

Hope this can help others as well.

Kind regards,

Dennis

• 4 months later...

Archived