ATR 72-500

P3R1

Hi

What a beauty of a plane this is, those textures are just awesome and i just love this plane. "hint hint, I really would love to see the baby dash 100-300 series being developed in this kind of quality"

I have noticed some minor issues:

I have no taxilight.

I dont see reflections from strobes, Navs and beacon onto airplane and runway.

Using the American Eagle Livery.

It might be a 64bit issue, i have noticed this on the Default Kingar but its working on the Default Baron.

System Specs:

Win7 Ultimate 64Bit

Xplane10 64Bit Beta5

2xMSI GeForce GTX 580 3072MB

1920x1080 Resolution

Br

P3R

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you very much, P3R1, I take note for next updates.

Hello atgcab,

It seems you are a MacPhat employee or developer?

If so, my suggestion is that you make that visible in your avatar, info or signature... ;)

[edit] I see that you put it in your profile, but that does not appear in your postings

• 2 weeks later...

After looking in the ATR folder i found pilot textures and a animation coding for it, but i dont see the pilots from the inside or the outside.

How do i enable those?

Something i missed somehow.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Question:

I have a 1920x1080 resolution monitor, and a Win7 64bit PC. My Nvidia GTX 560Ti video card has only 1Gb of memory (VRAM).

When I run the ATR72-500 at 'extreme resolution' the simulator almost comes to a standstill.

From what I read and understand this is caused by lack of VRAM, XP10 uses system RAM in my case and this is very slow.

Can somebody please confirm to me that I can solve this by buying a video card with 2 or 3Gb? Will I get normal FPS again?

Question:

I have a 1920x1080 resolution monitor, and a Win7 64bit PC. My Nvidia GTX 560Ti video card has only 1Gb of memory (VRAM).

When I run the ATR72-500 at 'extreme resolution' the simulator almost comes to a standstill.

From what I read and understand this is caused by lack of VRAM, XP10 uses system RAM in my case and this is very slow.

Can somebody please confirm to me that I can solve this by buying a video card with 2 or 3Gb? Will I get normal FPS again?

I can only speak for myself and my setup.

Typically i see 1.2Gig of Vram usage with compressed textures.

I have Nvidia 580 GTX with 3072 onboard Vram and aiming for 60Fps with no problem at all even with HDR On and Extreme Res.

I also have a 2600K Cpu clocked at 4.2Ghz.

The only thing i find to get this fps is to turn down clouds have Airport Detail at low and run FXAA on HDR. This setting will give you shimmers.

If i where to buy a new GPU today i would have bought the 680 or 670 with lots of VRam.

X-Plane runs on multiple cores so more cores = more power to the sim.

Just waiting for 8 cores to come out.

Win7x64

1920x1080

Nvidia 580GTX

Intel 2600K Cpu

8 Gig Ram

• Administrator

Hello Eric, Hello P3R1,

thats very right what P3R1 said.

The Video Ram of the grafic card shall be 3 or better 4 GB.

I used a GTX 670 with 4 GB an absolutely no Ram Problem...

The FPS are only better with a good processor (i5, i7) AND a good grafic (for example GTX 670 or 680, if you planned to by a new one...).

Greets

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you, Heinz and P3R1.

I was thinking of buying a GTX 660 with 3Gb, because the price is very reasonable. But maybe I should reconsider if you think the 670/4Gb is a better card.

• Administrator

Hello Eric,

yes, the price is important. Thats true.

3 GB is ok i think.

Here is a good benchmark site for high end graficcards with X-Plane 10: http://www.videocard...h_end_gpus.html

You see the 660 is much cheaper, but the 670 ist much better.

May be, the 660Ti is an consideration. The price is not so high and the Card is fast.

And you know: A good card needs a good processor and fast RAM.

Greets

heinz

• 2 months later...

Archived