How can I have a TOW

Marco Aurelio

Hi Marco,

thanks for registering CumulusX!. Did you select the tow pattern "left" or "right" in the FSX-Add-On/CumulusX!/SmartTow menu? If not you will only have the default tow behavior (but with your choice of aircaft).

If you have a powered glider like the the Discus BM or BT, FSX will refuse to offer you a tow. This is by design of FSX.

best regards,

Peter

• 3 months later...

Thanks Peter, that answers my question, and I didn't even have to ask it :)

Been trying for days to get the Piper Pacer to tow my Discus B, would NOT do it. I sacked the pilot cos he's lazy :D Tried with the unpowered Discus, and it worked first time. Guess I'll have to go and hire that pilot back again, AND give him a raise I suppose :D

Great sense of humor! Sometimes I don't think the world has enough of that. I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had time to fly, let alone get a tow :unsure: . I'm afraid my flying license might be taken away before too long. ( :mecry_s::help_s: ) Someone, please just throw me into a glider, I promise I wont go kicking and screaming... too much! ( :) hehe)

I agree, humour is very lacking in this day an' age. It's always easier to be humorous when the fault is yours though. It never really occurred to me that FSX wouldn't allow the towing of a glider with an engine. To me it was a glider and needed either a tow or winch launch. I just wanted to try a tow, and followed the instruction (sort of). But it would not happen. I did think, at one point, that I was choosing the wrong plane. That is why I started to look for solutions. But alas, by then I'd already sacked the poor pilot. Never mind eh? He's back now. We had a nice chat, I bought him a few beers, and we're friends again :D

Archived