Mykonos X - Scenery tears/spikes

keino333

Not necessarily, did the Airbus do this elsewhere.

As I mentioned before, up to now no problems with Airbus X Ext in combination with the quoted Add Ons. Except Mykonos X.

Thanks for your reply.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be worth asking if the affected are running the [bufferpools] UsePools=0 tweak in their fsx.cfg... tearing and spiking happens with that setting if the GPU is hitting 100% load. I noticed this in LFBO_X when in the NGX.

In my case, this is definitely not the scenery per se, it is my UsePools=0 setting that my GTX470 cannot deal with well at this location.

You can use GPU-Z with the logging function activated to see if your GPU use is hitting 100%... if so, you may have to change your scenery settings to accommodate your GPU...

I am going to try a GTX670 and see if this helps with the UsePools=0 setting...

A

I have the spikes, too.

I have not complained about as I have also have a tweaked cfg with bufferpool = 0.

Normaly, if you tell the support, that you use non-standard settings or systems, they answer to reset everything to default or lower the settings. And that is nothing I would consider as my FSX.cfg is optimised for my personal needs and I have no spiking at all with my countless addons.

(That is NOT a rant against Aerosoft; it is just my experience with several developers)

But at Mykonos I get heavy spiking even in clear weather!

And with standard FSX aircraft! Doesn't matter if I sit on the tarmac or fly around the island. Spiking is produced due to 100% GPU use, and it seems, when more of the little white houses came into my field of sight,the GPU usage rises.

Note, that I have about 50% to 70% GPU usage in Tegel at bad weather with the NGX (or flying over Berlin) as example!

So, if there are more users with problems I hope that the devs will have another look into it.

Greetings,

Günter

Hello guys,

sad to here that you've those issues. Spikes normally inidcate an overflow. So I'd suggest you turn off the features in the scenery manager that can be found in the main folder of Mykonos.

If that doesn't help you can try to disable the very dense area around the town. Pleaso go to "Aerosoft/Mykonos X/scenery/" search for "JMK_TownBase.bgl", "JMK_TownBDs_01.BGL", "JMK_TownBDs_02.BGL" and rename them to "JMK_TownBase.off", "JMK_TownBDs_01.off", "JMK_TownBDs_02.off"

or move those files to a temporary location.

Please share your results. Hope this helps. If it does, it indicates an overflow, maybe the vertices per texture limit.

Btw. It's odd because I don't have such spikes even though I've an older PC (Intel DualCore E8500, GTX260, 4GB RAM)

Best,

Lars

Guest Geir Haukland

My five cents, try turning ground shaddows off, and see if that helps, coz i dont have these problems at all.. So this has to be something to do with the settings.

Hello Lars,

I have tried now a bit. Your suggestions have not worked, however I was "successfull" in an other way:

I removed BGLs step by step and tried after each one and finally I nailed this down:

JMK_AgnLib.BGL

Seems this are the white houses ...?

To give you an idea about my system and my settings:

i7 930 watercooled @ 4.2

Geforce 580 3GB (manufacturer overclocked)

FSX and Windows each on a SSD

Relative high settings in FSX, full Autogen, full scenery etc

(but not the murdersettings like Bloom or ground shadows of course. I do also not use a ENB Mod any more or similar)

Weather deactivated and a standard FSX plane in Berlin (Aerosoft EDDT, UTX Europe) at about 1000ft rotating around the plane get me a usage of about 50% of the GPU

Same settings with Mykonos is over 90% - mainly when the houses come into sight.

(that means with weather and a little more demanding Addon I have 100% and spikes)

Without the JMK_AgnLib.BGL I have also 50% max, mostly 20 to 30%

Hope that could you get an idea ...

many thanks for your reply,

Günter

Hello guys,

sad to here that you've those issues. Spikes normally inidcate an overflow. So I'd suggest you turn off the features in the scenery manager that can be found in the main folder of Mykonos.

If that doesn't help you can try to disable the very dense area around the town. Pleaso go to "Aerosoft/Mykonos X/scenery/" search for "JMK_TownBase.bgl", "JMK_TownBDs_01.BGL", "JMK_TownBDs_02.BGL" and rename them to "JMK_TownBase.off", "JMK_TownBDs_01.off", "JMK_TownBDs_02.off"

or move those files to a temporary location.

Please share your results. Hope this helps. If it does, it indicates an overflow, maybe the vertices per texture limit.

Btw. It's odd because I don't have such spikes even though I've an older PC (Intel DualCore E8500, GTX260, 4GB RAM)

Best,

Lars

Hello Lars,

also for me your recommodations didn't work.

Also the recommodation of Günter (renaming JMK_AgnLib.BGL to .off) showed no effect.

But when reducing the Scenery Complexity Settings in FSX from "Normal" to "Wenig", the flashing lines disappeared.

For the specs of my PC please look at my post dated 27.January.

Greetings

Wilfried

Hello

Do not have this problem but similar bug appeared in discussion on Czech forum.

Is the problem similar to this one?

00027970.jpg

If so, it seems to be caused by UTE - guy in that post said it's due to the 'roads' layer.

http://www.flightsim.cz/forum_prispevek.php?id=460111&lan=0

This picture is from close to LKPR.

Does anyone have any screenshots of these spikes with the co-ordinates showing.

Hello Shaun,

this screenshot is just an example from a google picture search for "FSX spikes" as the Mykonos ones are similar. Also like what Premek shows above.

Koordinates: it is the whole Island ...

What Premek suggests, that it is UTE, I honestly doubt that, when disabling one Mykonos file "solves" it.

In other areas, as described (for example Berlin) I have no issues. Also not with Heraklion which is in the nearly same region.

The mentioned issue close to Prague exists in two precise locations and it also seems to be combination UTE with some cards. ("Guilty" ones seems to be for instance 9800 GX2, GTX275, GTX 670 or ATI 4870 512MB, someone other mentioned the problem was solved by installation of nVi 560Ti 1GB)

The guy also suggests to switch off 'Roads' layer in UTE should solve it.

Unfortunately could not try that as have no UTE.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to say that but for me the issue is not solved. I never fly to Mykonos due to this flashing lines.

I hope there will be no issue like that for the future scenery from 29palm, by the way I'm not sure to buy a new scenery of this developer even if it looks like perfect :/

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all

they are not permanent they are popping up and gone but more frequently on some dgrees of spot view pannings

i made some search but couldnt find spesific solution... buffer pools settings also not effecting...

its on both DX9 and DX10 (in dx9 lines sometimes blue ''like sky'' colored)

fresh cfg and other solutions on this topc didnt do anything it looks like something wrong with scenery but what? :)

they poping up and look like game's X,Y,Z cordinats generally... some of them lateral crossing ect.. some of them partially cutting the corners of screen realy weird...

Heres the screenshots;

blacklines4.jpg

blacklines3.jpg

blacklines.jpg
blacklines2.jpg
*they are crossing behind the menu line
**They are look like 3D Cube Corners somehow something like camera have some kind of view cube and they are the corners of that cube and they poping up and gone while you pan your cam or turn aircraft... - its feeling like this while playing and seeing these in action cos they crossing themselfs in 90degree angels evrytime x,y or z in 2D monitor...
2,8ghz core2duo, 4gb ram, 260m-gtx-1gb, win764bit
Nvidia driver: 314.22
its Only Happens at Mykonos X

• 2 weeks later...

After the release of Skiathos, I'm working on an update for Mykonos and I want to solve the issue described here as well.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it on my PC but it seems to be an issue with the white buildings since Günther discovered that deactivating the autogen source file solves the issue.

Maybe this problem is graphics card or driver related but I'm sure it can be fixed.

Could you please test the following:

Go to "FSX/Aerosoft/29Palms - Mykonos X" and rename "JMK_AgnLib.BGL" to "JMK_AgnLib.off" - which effect does this have for you? All spikes gone, less spikes or same as before?

Leave the file deactivated and also deactivate "Airport Surroundings" in the Scenery Manager - All spikes gone, less spikes or same as before?

Go ahead and deactivate these files: "JMK_TownBDs_01.BGL" to "JMK_TownBDs_01.off" and "JMK_TownBDs_02.BGL" to "JMK_TownBDs_02.off".

All white buildings are deactivated now. Can you confirm that the issue is solved?

If you confirm, this should have something to do with all white buildings sharing the same set of textures. There are limitations in FSX such as "Texture vertices per texture" which could cause this issue.

A solution would be to assign more textures to the models or to reduce the polygon count of autogen objects.

Archived