Mykonos X - Scenery tears/spikes

keino333

Good day All,

Is it just me or has anybody experienced scenery tears when approaching or bypassing Mykonos X?

I have the settings tool to enable all emblishing elements, Flytampa LGAV installed and close too all AS Scenery/ Mega Scencey. Experience tears while flying from Dubai to Europe in CS777 and from AS-LSZH to Mykonos in airbusX . Usual occurence happens about 30-50 out from scenery. No issues once on final or at the Airport.

thx

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay no reply I will show you the issue

On the center you can see a thin black line and it's flashing

mykonos1.jpg

One second later, a white/transparent line flashing

mykonos3.jpg

Can you help me to solve the issue ?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay.

You see these effects also high in the sky? I mean if it is a mesh error it could be dozens of miles high.

We can currently not recreate the issue.

I just installed my copy of Mykonos X and having the same issue with tears or spikes. I get them at the airport and inside the cockpit on the panel. I get them in the air over the island but not sure if altitude or flying over dense scenery are factors but it seems to less problematic when flying over water away from the island. I'm surprised you have'nt seen this in your labs. I hope you eventually see and be able to fix this issue as it is rather annoying. Thanks.

I just installed my copy of Mykonos X and having the same issue with tears or spikes. I get them at the airport and inside the cockpit on the panel. I get them in the air over the island but not sure if altitude or flying over dense scenery are factors but it seems to less problematic when flying over water away from the island. I'm surprised you have'nt seen this in your labs. I hope you eventually see and be able to fix this issue as it is rather annoying. Thanks.

Try disabling all other 3rd party scenery in the scenery library including the Add-On scenery except for Mykonos. and then see what it looks like.

Try disabling all other 3rd party scenery in the scenery library including the Add-On scenery except for Mykonos. and then see what it looks like.

Hi Shaun, I flew 3 flights- The first with everthing running and flew the default Bell helicopter out of the Mykonos airport and found on the first flight there were fewer spikes then yesterday were it was almost like being shot at! On the second flight with the add-on scenery disabled as requested- I found the amount of spikes to be about the same as in the first flight. On the third flight- I re-enabled all the add-on scenery plus I loaded PMDG 737 NGX because it has a heavy hit on the FPS even on a good day, to see if it would have any effect. But in the end- the amount of spike/tears was about the same.

Now for some interesting observations- 1. I seem to get the most spikes about a mile north and a 1/2 mile west of the airport in the densly populated area near a boat harbor. Furthermore, I tend to get more spikes/tears when shifting views in the virtual cockpit and in 2D cockpit and a lot more when using TrackIR which is always shifting views. Interestingly, there is a populated area near that boat harbor that is actually levitating above some photoscenery! (It's kinda freaky- almost a 3D effect- lol!)

I hope this helps. Thanks in advance.

Update- Just flew a fourth flight and found a few more spike/tears that occured without changing views. I had hoped that I found a pattern but appears that I probably did'nt as it occurred both over land and over the ocean. Unless what I've wriiten means something to you, I probably was'nt much help- sorry.

Ahhh wait.. try setting you traffic (cars, boats etc) to the lowest setting, it could be you got an error we first found at Manhattan.

Hi Mathijs, Thanks for joinning the conversation. I went back and turned all traffic settings to zero. There seemed to be fewer spikes when I did that. However, each flight has been differant and so there is no consistant patten. But having said that- I do have something new to report- As I mention ealier, there is some custom scenery(?) near a boat harbor that is north and west of the airport that is levitating above the photoscenery. I actually flew between layers and rose out of the top without FSX recognizing a "crash". Furthermore, I had a lot more spike/tears in this area which has been fairly consistant in most flights. Maybe this separation of layers is causing the spike/tears. Also I've noticed another possible issue- microstutters. I know this has been an issue with FSX in the past but not normally an issue on my system- I can have 30 FPS and still stutter with the Mykonos scenery. I hope this helps. Thanks in advance.

Hi Shuan, Sorry to take so long to get back- I've been very busy between work, the holidays and family. I tried what you suggested but found very little difference between the 2 fsx.CFG files. The tears and spikes continue but have noticed the my fps fluxuates from 30 to 15 to 6 cps in less then a second. This may also be causing the microstutters mentioned earlier. As mentioned in earlier posts- this tends to occure in the densely populated area north and west of the airport where the separation of the photoscenery and custom scenery or objects occures.

UPDATE- Just made another flight this time using the new QW BAE 146 and on this flight the spikes and tears began immediately at the airport and continued thru the entire flight which took place over water and land. Maybe, the scenery demands are too great unless you have a truly "super" computer? Anyway, I hope a fix can be found. Thanks in advance

Hi Shuan, Sorry to take so long to get back- I've been very busy between work, the holidays and family. I tried what you suggested but found very little difference between the 2 fsx.CFG files. The tears and spikes continue but have noticed the my fps fluxuates from 30 to 15 to 6 cps in less then a second. This may also be causing the microstutters mentioned earlier. As mentioned in earlier posts- this tends to occure in the densely populated area north and west of the airport where the separation of the photoscenery and custom scenery or objects occures.

UPDATE- Just made another flight this time using the new QW BAE 146 and on this flight the spikes and tears began immediately at the airport and continued thru the entire flight which was at times over the ocean and land. Maybe, the scenery demands are too great unless you have a truly "super" computer? Anyway, I hope a fix can be found. Thanks in advance

Opps! Sorry- Please disregard this post.

Hi again Shuan, Sorry to get back to you so late but between work and family commitments I've had little time to get back on-line. I do not have any mesh's installed but I do have Ultimate Terraine X- Europe installed. Could this be a NVIDEA issue? as always, Thanks in advance

Hi again Shuan, Sorry to get back to you so late but between work and family commitments I've had little time to get back on-line. I do not have any mesh's installed but I do have Ultimate Terraine X- Europe installed. Could this be a NVIDEA issue? as always, Thanks in advance

Its possible but the problem is many more would have the issue too.

Hi Shuan, Thanks for your quick response. Could there be a problem with the installer of the boxed version vs the download version? I have the boxed version. Perhaps, Mathijs could grab boxed version off the shelf and check that. Other than that I have no idea where to look next.

Hi Shuan, Thanks for your quick response. Could there be a problem with the installer of the boxed version vs the download version? I have the boxed version. Perhaps, Mathijs could grab boxed version off the shelf and check that. Other than that I have no idea where to look next.

I'll install it onto a machine that hasnt had it before but its a download version and see what that looks like again.

I can confirm that every thing regarding the spikes you've experienced has been identical with my downloaded version. I can also confirm that Having frequent flights from Dubai, Bari, Heraklion, to and from northern Europe or England, I only encountered these spikes after installing Mykonos.

I can confirm that every thing regarding the spikes you've experienced has been identical with my downloaded version. I can also confirm that Having frequent flights from Dubai, Bari, Heraklion, to and from northern Europe or England, I only encountered these spikes after installing Mykonos.

I'll be taking a flight over it in a few hours to see what it looks like, the boxed version will really only carry the same files but on a different media.

Can you attach a flightplan you use so I can check excatly where your going regarding the problem.

@Hadrien I cannot see what you see.

OMDB NADI1G NADIL BALUS UL768 OVANO UL768 FIRAS A21 KTN R655 LEBOR UR655 LCA UR19 EVENO M601 EXELA UM601 RDS UL995 VARIX.VARI1A LGAV

Hallo,

I downloaded Mykonos yesterday and regarded the same as keino333 and Hadrian described. The flashing lines occured at the gates, on the runway and in the air after departure. In the cockpit or looking from outside on the plane. With Airbus X Ext. or using the standard 737 of FSX, resulting in about 20 or more than 30 FPS in the cockpitview (FPS limiter was set to unlimited, FSX settings about medium, check marks deleted in Mykonos X Manager)).

Furthermore by doing a helicopter flight (standard helicopter) with +40 FPS, FSX crashed after ca. 30 sec.. I had to reset my computer. Flying with

Airbus X Ext. results always in a CTD about 5 miles distance from the airport after start.

Is it possible that there is a connection between flashing lines and FSX crashing or CTD?

I experienced up to now no Problems or CTDs with the following Add Ons and Airbus X Ext. (FPS comparable to Mykonos):

- Mega Airport Munich X

- Mega Airport Zurich X

- Appr. Innsbruck X

- GAP1 - Stuttgart X

- GAP3 - Bremen X

- Santorini X

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 4 GB, NVIDEA GEFORCE 9800 GT, Vista 32 Bit, FSX Acceleration

In the meantime I could resolve my problems:

- By reducing the Scenery Complexity Setting in FSX from "Normal" to "Wenig" the flashing lines disappeared.

- Furthermore by shifting the sliders of the other Scenery Settings from about medium half way to the left the CTD or Memory problem was eliminated.

It seems for me, that the Mykonos Scenery is the most demanding Add On with respect to the CPU, GPU and Memory in comparison to my other Add Ons listed above, bringing my 4 years old Computer at its limits.

Hallo,

I downloaded Mykonos yesterday and regarded the same as keino333 and Hadrian described. The flashing lines occured at the gates, on the runway and in the air after departure. In the cockpit or looking from outside on the plane. With Airbus X Ext. or using the standard 737 of FSX, resulting in about 20 or more than 30 FPS in the cockpitview (FPS limiter was set to unlimited, FSX settings about medium, check marks deleted in Mykonos X Manager)).

Furthermore by doing a helicopter flight (standard helicopter) with +40 FPS, FSX crashed after ca. 30 sec.. I had to reset my computer. Flying with

Airbus X Ext. results always in a CTD about 5 miles distance from the airport after start.

Is it possible that there is a connection between flashing lines and FSX crashing or CTD?

I experienced up to now no Problems or CTDs with the following Add Ons and Airbus X Ext. (FPS comparable to Mykonos):

- Mega Airport Munich X

- Mega Airport Zurich X

- Appr. Innsbruck X

- GAP1 - Stuttgart X

- GAP3 - Bremen X

- Santorini X

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 4 GB, NVIDEA GEFORCE 9800 GT, Vista 32 Bit, FSX Acceleration

Not necessarily, did the Airbus do this elsewhere.

Archived