FPS-Problem with ATR72 passenger cabin

Just purchased, but one issue stopped me from experimenting with it: Something seems to be wrong inside the pax cabin. I have great frame rates in the cockpit, but as soon as I look backwards or switch to an outside view, my framerate drops to 3-5 fps or even less.

well i know you talked about 64bit on another forum... have you tryeid both 32 and 64 bit to se if there was a difference.. sadly i don´t have the option to test it at the moment my self... also used the settings in the manual?

But as many details as possible might help to locate for others as well

• Deputy Sheriffs

can't really run 32-bit in a comaprable setup.

How do you mean this?

There should be no other setup, you only need to start the 32-bits executable:

X-Plane 10.20 is the first 64-bit version of X-Plane 10. It comes with two sets of executable applications for X-Plane:

• Windows: X-Plane.exe (64-bit) and X-Plane-32bit.exe (32-bit)

I need to turn down texture reslution and most other stuff to mimums because of the 32-bit virtaul ram usage limits. Makes no sense to compare that to "normal" settings or those that Aerosoft recommends themselves (extreme res). I need 64-bit. But don't take us there, that's an old topic now - luckily.

Issue with the ATR was tested isolated in a demo install (only water, no scenery) of the latest beta on my Mac Pro 2010 with the ATI5870. no plugins installed, pure demo version, 64-bit.

I also see no frame drops on 64bit xplane 10.20 beta 5, running on Windows 7 64 bit.. Are you on a Mac, as they dont do 64bit as well as Windows machines apparently.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I must say I don't see this problem. This is an Image of the ATR 72 with apilotx New Zealand HD scenery:

Can you please tell me what your rendering settings are?

I do suffer quite a bit of fps loss with the ATR.

(win64)

Archived