Your other Hobbies

Matt_Smith

Someone with a Gibson e-guitar here? :D

I am still thinking about buying the Gibson Les Paul Standard 2012... I got a great offer a few weeks ago, but this is expensive :D

So.. my hobby is music :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet the neighbours love it when you start with the playing after one to many Yuengling's ;)

I just assume the loud knocking is them keeping the beat for me, kind of like a free metronome :lol:;)

I am still thinking about buying the Gibson Les Paul Standard 2012... I got a great offer a few weeks ago, but this is expensive :D

So.. my hobby is music :D

Yeah, you're right. Even the studio versions are very expensive, more than 600€...

Well, here are two of my Gibsons... - and I play them mostly thru a Fender amp... (at least something that Fender got right...) :bow_down2_s:

I have two more Gibson LesPauls plus two Epiphone LesPauls...

My other hobbies are motorbikes, books, computers, photography, jogging, good wine and ales and friends... - but I don't have a TV... :rolleyes:

post-35107-0-87314000-1353961498_thumb.j

Hi Matt,

I do like my white LP Studio, too! :wub:

It sounds better than my other LesPauls Standard... - and looks better! The pitch black ebony fretboard and the gold hardware underline the pure white perfectly well! A real beauty!

I bought it from the famous Hollywood Guitar Center when I lived in Santa Monica... - but that is a different story alltogether... :rolleyes:

Hi All,

Well I have few hobbies that don't involve flying. When I'm not working I like the odd bimble in a C172 from the flying school across the road.

post-5-0-66572100-1353967484_thumb.jpg

A good friend who used to be a fanatical simmer like myself is trying to get me into gliding. I'm very tempted after last weekend.

post-5-0-98578900-1353967629_thumb.jpg

One of my few non flying related hobbys is mountain biking.

post-5-0-19731800-1353967895_thumb.jpg

A good friend who used to be a fanatical simmer like myself is trying to get me into gliding. I'm very tempted after last weekend.

post-5-0-98578900-1353967629_thumb.jpg

After you flew the DG1000 how can you even think about saying no to gliding? Many of us gliderpilots can only dream about this beautiful aircraft! :wub:

Well, here are two of my Gibsons... - and I play them mostly thru a Fender amp... (at least something that Fender got right...) :bow_down2_s:

I have two more Gibson LesPauls plus two Epiphone LesPauls...

My other hobbies are motorbikes, books, computers, photography, jogging, good wine and ales and friends... - but I don't have a TV... :rolleyes:

Very cool, man!

Lucky enough to live on the doorstep to the English Lake District, so fitness allowing, I spend most of my spare time walking or riding in the Lakes. I also like to restore/build my bikes when possible.

Refurb job on my brothers mid 90's Klein Mantra.

post-2239-0-15855600-1354005885_thumb.jp

My mid 90's Kona Lava Dome, which I restored and rebuilt with some top end 'period' kit.

post-2239-0-24741800-1354005951_thumb.jp

My current ride which I built, not quite as clean at the moment thanks to the English weather!

post-2239-0-95863900-1354005915_thumb.jp

Nick they are some very nice bikes. When I lived up in Cheshire I often drove up to the lakes for a weekend mountain biking or walking. A very good way to build up an appetite for the pub in the evening :lol:

What a great thread Matt and I must say I love your buggy. :) I've never seen one of those before.

Anyhoooo, besides loving flightsim, my hobbies are :

Bush walking - The mrs and I head out into the scrub where no man has ever been. Quite often, we get a little lost, have no mobile communication and don't have GPS. We just rely on the old army maps and a small track will lead to a bigger track and eventually, we come back to civilization. lol We often come across creeks and I can never resist have a wade through them as you never know what you'll find in there. The downside of our bush walks are, picking off the leaches after being in the creeks and once getting back home, hit the shower and at the same time pick out all the kangaroo ticks we've accumulated on the day. :) But hey, we love it and have been doing this for many years.

Tropical Fish keeping - now this one has been a hobby for more than 35 years and I'm very passionate about it. I started off with a 2 foot tank that eventually ended up being 150 tanks. These included 8 x 2 x 2 's, 6 x 2x 2' s and rack systems. The fish that I'm most interested in are the cichlids and have kept and bred thousands over the years. As my hobby progressed, I opened up my own forum on fish keeping which keeps me quite busy. Here's a few pics and sorry about the rant.

post-26885-0-67265900-1354694650_thumb.j

post-26885-0-94767000-1354694182_thumb.j

post-26885-0-54838600-1354694031_thumb.j

I've enjoyed reading and looking at everyone's hobbies. It's amazing what keeps us amused peeps. :)

Cheers from downunder

Cool thread indeed!

Might as well add my own here.

Next to flightsims I also enjoy reading about aircraft and military history. I have also been building 1/72 plastic scale models of aircraft.

Another big hobby of mine is boardwargaming. I play and write about them, but am also proofreading the rulebooks that come with them for several companies next to playtesting new games in development. Has been my main hobby for years, although there was another passion that put this on a hold for several years.

Aircraft spotting and photography. Have been all over Europe, and visited the USA two times for a period of 4-6 weeks visiting museums and airbases.

Nowadays the camera is gathering dust, but I enjoy flightsimming with my son now. I try and fly some more myself too, but married life, work and other obligations make this sometimes hard to achieve.

Pierre - They're the most impressive fish tanks I've seen outside an aquarium!

psolk - Nice bikes, I'd definitely kill myself in about as much time as it takes them to get to 60 :lol:

Wow, those fish tanks are fantastic.

I used to have a catfish called Orson (the German word for catfish is "Wels" - hence the name), but I gave up the aquariums some years ago.

Wow, those fish tanks are fantastic.

I used to have a catfish called Orson (the German word for catfish is "Wels" - hence the name), but I gave up the aquariums some years ago.

:lol: Now that's clever! Was the catfish by any chance from Mars?

Archived