Your other Hobbies

Matt_Smith

What what other hobbies outside of flight simming do you guys and girls have? Please share only the legal hobbies with us :lol:

To start off here is my other hobby and general money pit, she's a 1991 200 Tdi Defender 90 with a few choice modifications.

defender26.jpg

defender27.jpg

So come one and all share your other hobbies with us.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Matt, Nice post and nice Defender mate...Love the colour!!!

Well i have a couple hobbies that keep me out of trouble aka the pub :lol: but my main ones are

Mountain biking, getting together with the lads/Mrs wx permitting and have a good thrash around Epping forest

Jumping on the decks and having a mix annoying the neighbours with Prog House, and i love all things PC from building to destroying them!

A few snaps

20121125180643.jpg

20121125180723.jpg

20121125181009.jpg

Wildlife photography like this one in Norway, also kind of money pit :rolleyes:

Otto, thats a wonderful photo! I can imagine you were waiting for a long time to get a shot like that. I wish I could take photo's even half as good as that.

Hey Matt, Nice post and nice Defender mate...Love the colour!!!

Well i have a couple hobbies that keep me out of trouble aka the pub :lol: but my main ones are

Mountain biking, getting together with the lads/Mrs wx permitting and have a good thrash around Epping forest

Jumping on the decks and having a mix annoying the neighbours with Prog House, and i love all things PC from building to destroying them!

A few snaps

Nice bike Chris, I used to do my fair share of mountain biking when I actually lived a bit closer to said mountains. Cambridgeshire is a bit lacking on the hill side of things :lol: Thats also some pretty serious processor cooling you have going on there. Ive just got the stock intel cooler on my processor. Have also destroyed many a PC in my time :lol: As for the colour of the Defender, always wanted a Kawasaki bike, but my mum would kill me if I got one lol. So a Kawasaki green defender certainly fits the bill.

Cheers Pal.

Your Mums right Matt :) it was my Mum who kept nagging me to get rid of my bike, i had a GSX750 and sold it for pennies but she's made up now!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto, thats a wonderful photo! I can imagine you were waiting for a long time to get a shot like that. I wish I could take photo's even half as good as that.

Time is not the problem, as long as you know how to lure them. ;)

Problem was the shaking small boat (about 15ft) offshore while making pictures freehand with a 400mm lens

Cheers Pal.

Your Mums right Matt :) it was my Mum who kept nagging me to get rid of my bike, i had a GSX750 and sold it for pennies but she's made up now!

Mums eh, always blooming right arent they :lol:

Time is not the problem, as long as you know how to lure them. ;)

Problem was the shaking small boat (about 15ft) offshore while making pictures freehand with a 400mm lens

Otto, definitely takes a certain amount of patience and skill to balance all that little lot to get such a good shot.

The Drums...

and of course Gliding! :D

Gerald, thats a nice drum kit I could seriously annoy the neighbours with that :lol: I never really got into gliding, I always like to have an engine in front of me ;)

My other hobbies.......

Guitars definitely is one;

cpx500-3.jpg

and I always had a craze about American muscle cars as well with Ford Mustang being my favourite.

@Matt_SMith

Nice car man! I like her a lot

Nice to hear what other folks like beyond flight simulator. :)

My other hobbies.......

Guitars definitely is one;

and I always had a craze about American muscle cars as well with Ford Mustang being my favourite.

@Matt_SMith

Nice car man! I like her a lot

Nice to hear what other folks like beyond flight simulator. :)

Thats a very nice guitar, I had to sell my guitars, they didnt get used enough. I would like an American V8 muscle car, just unable to justify the cost of running a V8 when petrol is £1.40 a litre :angry2_s:

Thats a very nice guitar, I had to sell my guitars, they didnt get used enough. I would like an American V8 muscle car, just unable to justify the cost of running a V8 when petrol is £1.40 a litre :angry2_s:

Yes, its a Yamaha CPX500 electric/acoustic guitar ;)

I also got an electric and a classical one but this is my favorite.

And yes, you're right about petrol prices! I would not afford it either!

Good topic Matt!

When I'm not bimbling around the RW friendly skies at Mach .18 or putting FSX through the ringer.....I'm seconding iPetroSS with my other hobby....also a money pit seeing as this is all I could fit in one picture :lol:

photoqzj.jpg

Music is my other, big hobby.

My keyboard:Keyboard.jpg

And my guitar I play since one month:

Guitar.jpg

(bad image quality, I know :D)

If I had enough space in my room, there would be also a drumkit I think. But so, I'm hitting the Toms in the bandroom I play with my mates, sometimes. I'm also the singer in our band, by the way.

I do like guitars, how many is in your collection Kyle?

6 in total. Not shown are- a 4-string Fender Standard Jazz bass, Epiphone AJ (my first guitar), and an Epiphone DR 212 12-string. I have a decent variety right now; in the pic above you'll see my baby on the left, the Martin DM, the Ibanez in the middle is my electric acoustic, and the Epi Les Paul my standard electric. Those, FS, and a nice heavy lager or an IPA are my sure fire get-aways from the RW.

6 in total. Not shown are- a 4-string Fender Standard Jazz bass, Epiphone AJ (my first guitar), and an Epiphone DR 212 12-string. I have a decent variety right now; in the pic above you'll see my baby on the left, the Martin DM, the Ibanez in the middle is my electric acoustic, and the Epi Les Paul my standard electric. Those, FS, and a nice heavy lager or an IPA are my sure fire get-aways from the RW.

I bet the neighbours love it when you start with the playing after one to many Yuengling's ;)

Winch £1.40 is roughly €1.70 :P

1,.70€ for one winch launch? You are kidding! Since I pay almost 5 Euros for one launch, I would not try to search for thermik, I would just launch at the winch all day :D

1,.70€ for one winch launch? You are kidding! Since I pay almost 5 Euros for one launch, I would not try to search for thermik, I would just launch at the winch all day :D

Erm no, per litre of petrol :lol:

Jazz bass, very nice indeedy, IPA = I Pee Allnight

Archived