Flight Calculator

Al Cresswell

Hello Al,

the flightcalculator can be displayed half transparent on top of flight simulator only if you are running flightsim in windowed mode.

As one can find in the manual, in the menu (MODE -> MEN) you can set the transparency (ALP for alpha bland) and the always on top (OTP) options.

These functions are also accessible via the tray icon.

Most important thing to remember is that flight calculator is mainly designed for use with flightsim in windowed mode.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Is there a way to change the key that activates the flight calculator. I read in the manual that it is set up with the F12 key however this key has already been assigned to another add-on (either FSNAV or Track IR) and when I launched the calculator, it locked the sim up and I had to shut down the program with my task manager. :cry:

Thanks,

LouP 8)

Loup, You can be logged into FS9 but to use the calculator I need to pause and minimise FS9 and Maximise the calculator. when finished calculating revers the procedure.

Hope this helps, maybe someone who has the skill can design a patch to incorporate it into FS9.

Al

Roger Al,

I hear you but the product is suppose to pull information from the sim directly. It would be nice to have the info already there instead of keying it all in. Oh well, can't complain as the price was right :wink:

LouP 8)

Al,

The calculator was designed from the beginning as a standalone product. At this time it is not possible to integrate it with fs2004. I recommend you set your flightsim to windowed mode so you can switch easily between fs and the calculator.

If i remember correctly, the F12 key is linked to the "COMP" button on the calculator. What do you mean with "that activates the flight calculator" ?

In either way, I am currently looking if there is a SIMPLE sollution to change the keys via the ini file.

Loup,

the calculator is able to extract the information from flightsim. For this you need to have FSUIPC installed. If you have a registered (payed) version of FSUIPC, you need the cheap version of the calculator (Flight Calculator (FSUIPC registered) @ €12.95), if you have the free unregistered version of FSUIPC you need the €14.95 version (flight Calculator (FSUIPC not registered)).

to extract data from the sim, make sure the blue "CON" led is on (this indicates the link with fs2004) and then press "ALL".

hope this helps!

Hi Koen,

wel I got the real cheap version for free so I do not know which category that one falls in :wink: . I see a con light but as I said the only time I used it, it locked up my sim so it hasn't come back out since. Also, I beleive I read that the F12 key brings the calculator up while in Flightsim, but I could be wrong :oops: .

LouP 8)

• Aerosoft
Hi Koen,

wel I got the real cheap version for free so I do not know which category that one falls in :wink: . I see a con light but as I said the only time I used it, it locked up my sim so it hasn't come back out since. Also, I beleive I read that the F12 key brings the calculator up while in Flightsim, but I could be wrong :oops: .

LouP 8)

The calculator only reads from FS via FSUIPC, so it is hard to see how it could lock up FS. And it can not be started with the F12 key as it is, as said, a complete standalone product. Personally I use it a lot for non Fs uses.