Low FPS High end Computer need Help ! pls

Hello every one! my name is Stan and i have one big problem on my opinion and i know there are many more ppl that have same problem :/ so i want to start from my sis is brand new :

CPU; AMD Phenom II x4 960T Black Edition Unlocked 3.2Ghz and Turbo 3.6Ghz 8MB total Cach and can be unlocked to 6 Core

MOBO; AMD ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Chipset AMD 780 Last BIOS and is AM3+ befor this CPU i had here FX8150 but had to sell it !

RAM: DDR3 Kingston Genesis HiperX 1600Mhz 4Gb 1.65V + G-Skill Ripjaws 4Gb Total 8Gb

GPU: EVGA GTX 480 FTW 1.5Gb GDDR5 is same as GTX 570

PSU: NOX Hummer 600W 80Plus Silver

Monitor: Led ASUS 19

HDD: 320Gb WD Blue Caviar and one mor 500GB Blue Caviar as external

My Game is FSX Accelarator i have many addons my game is 89.10Gb with addons like FTX ORBX all NZ all USA, REX, GEX Europe V2, UTX but only using Lights for Europe and Object reposition, and i have many also airplanes PMDG 737NGX all versions full, and other grait addons for FSX that make it real and best sim ever made! and the problem is that i know that my pc can handel fsx at maximum settings not all but almost, i just don't have trafic very high like airliners i have at 30, road trafic is set to 20, ships is set to 30, airoport trafic set to minimum, and i have off the general aviation, and also i have off the DX 10 and the blum effect, and water is set to High x2, and i can say at this settings i fly with PMDG 737NGX i fly in New Zealand South Island and North FTX ORBX and i use my set weather that is overcast and clouds is 8/8 and some fog but with grait visibility 20mi/ and i get some 50Fps + but some place in europe or usa i get to 11fps and 9fps and then fps can jump and get down like 35 to 12fps and get very slow and this make me sad and don't know what to do it may be my windows and i must say that is time to clean my win and do an fresh install, oh and i also play BF3 Online and i get 150FPS max and 65min ! and BF3 is more more way powerful than fsx but that's is becaus the bf3 is more demending on GPU not CPU :( i hear and i read many forums guys playing fsx with i7 930 and i5 and with 570GTX and they get low fps like me :o guys any help ??? pls pls !! just want to play this game with no problems :( with all my addons

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Stan,

it is impossible to give a solution for every individual system.

Here is a very good site with very usefull tips. Read carefully through them and test the suggestions one by one.

Looking at you system there might be a problem with your RAM: you are using RAM from 2 different vendors. That should never be done!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello every one! my name is Stan and i have one big problem on my opinion and i know there are many more ppl that have same problem :/ so i want to start from my sis is brand new :

CPU; AMD Phenom II x4 960T Black Edition Unlocked 3.2Ghz and Turbo 3.6Ghz 8MB total Cach and can be unlocked to 6 Core

MOBO; AMD ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Chipset AMD 780 Last BIOS and is AM3+ befor this CPU i had here FX8150 but had to sell it !

RAM: DDR3 Kingston Genesis HiperX 1600Mhz 4Gb 1.65V + G-Skill Ripjaws 4Gb Total 8Gb

GPU: EVGA GTX 480 FTW 1.5Gb GDDR5 is same as GTX 570

PSU: NOX Hummer 600W 80Plus Silver

Monitor: Led ASUS 19

HDD: 320Gb WD Blue Caviar and one mor 500GB Blue Caviar as external

My Game is FSX Accelarator i have many addons my game is 89.10Gb with addons like FTX ORBX all NZ all USA, REX, GEX Europe V2, UTX but only using Lights for Europe and Object reposition, and i have many also airplanes PMDG 737NGX all versions full, and other grait addons for FSX that make it real and best sim ever made! and the problem is that i know that my pc can handel fsx at maximum settings not all but almost, i just don't have trafic very high like airliners i have at 30, road trafic is set to 20, ships is set to 30, airoport trafic set to minimum, and i have off the general aviation, and also i have off the DX 10 and the blum effect, and water is set to High x2, and i can say at this settings i fly with PMDG 737NGX i fly in New Zealand South Island and North FTX ORBX and i use my set weather that is overcast and clouds is 8/8 and some fog but with grait visibility 20mi/ and i get some 50Fps + but some place in europe or usa i get to 11fps and 9fps and then fps can jump and get down like 35 to 12fps and get very slow and this make me sad and don't know what to do it may be my windows and i must say that is time to clean my win and do an fresh install, oh and i also play BF3 Online and i get 150FPS max and 65min ! and BF3 is more more way powerful than fsx but that's is becaus the bf3 is more demending on GPU not CPU :( i hear and i read many forums guys playing fsx with i7 930 and i5 and with 570GTX and they get low fps like me :o guys any help ??? pls pls !! just want to play this game with no problems :( with all my addons

I see that you have many things turned on in your sim. Trying to tune down the settings might help out a bit as well. It's all up to the user which things you want on or off. I do have to say that I have no experience with AMD but from my reading on all the forums many people prefer intel for the sim instead of AMD. I have had a system clocked around the same speed and it wasn't all that good, the higher the clockspeeds the smoother FSX will run as well as getting the RAM fixed and using it from one vendor :)

• Aerosoft

Agreed with Jerdoo, you really got a lot at high settings, certainly traffic can take a big bite out of the your fps. Keep in mind that this is NOT a standard game but you got to decide on what is important for you at each flight. If I fly GA I want trees and dense mesh, if I fly big airliners why should I have high settings of autogen? You pick from each setting what's important at that time.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, maybe it's time to repost your thoughts about "Why do (I) get 50 fps and you get single digit fps?" I tried searching for it and couldn't find it. Fortunately, I made a print-out. You had an excellent section on making up different settings for the kind of flying you do and then saving them.

Archived