Helsinki & AseData.dll

Mike Ionas

Do we know which airports use ASE? It was installed before Helsinki for me without issues but I do not recall which airport(s) it was installed with. Problems started with Helsinki v1.10 and ASE v1.0.0.7..

Yes good question and what is ASE? I only got problems with exiting FSX when I flying Wilco airbus.

Do you guys get "fatal Errors" ? try removing ENB if you got that installed. It help me. Because FSX have trouble handling Shader 3.0

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you guys get "fatal Errors" ? try removing ENB if you got that installed. It help me. Because FSX have trouble handling Shader 3.0

ENB or Shader 3.0? I think these are different programs.

well i think the best way is to go back and i know its tricky as i dont know how many airports that uses this file: ASEData.dll file the main thing is to get back to an earlyer version if posible by remove the next latest airport you have that have ASE and then uninstall the ASE then try install the next newest airport whit ase again because its not helsinki that gives you problems its ASE as it has been updated to the latest version... so its a tricky moment

no no ASE is not the same as AES. AES is for ground handling like GSX... ASE is registration / validation and is used for some things in FSX as i remember... so you need it for other airports els you would notice some things are missing... thats the main problem at the moment... there is no good solutions at the moment i just tryeid to go back to version 1.0.0.5 version of AES and it also gave me some problems on the test system as i cant run fsx as admin then it crash but if you run whit out it seems to work thats the best solution at the moment so you dont have to run in compatible mode whitch caused problems whit other programs... so its a bit comblicated at the moment.... and i dont know what the best solution els than running whit out ASE works best, but as said its used in some of the airports noted in here as registration... so you get problems there, it´s also used at some airports you might not know about where this add objects as far as i remember... so go back is the best thing at the moment and hope there comes a solution, but the latest update of helsinki was a solution for that airport and people seems to be happy whit it, its just the rest there is missing now and why you se the problem as if you only have helsinki installed there should be no problem i guess.. as ASE is not used anylonger for this project as far as i could understand

removing ASE might help ? I can use GSX instead

Michael Moe

ASE is a registration tool for some Aerosoft sceneries which canot be run without that tool. AES (Airport Enhancement Services) has nothing to dot with ASE - and only AES is a pendant to GSX.

remark: upps - KAPTEJNLN was a little bit qicker ...

IS the performance better in Helsinki? With 1.20?

I didn't have it (before 1.20) so I can only give comparative results to other sceneries that I have:

So far (before Helsinki), the 3-4 worst performing airports in my system were (from best to worst) LGIR, EHAM and LFPO. Now EFHK is by far the first in the row (worst of everything else). Frame rate is abysmal. And I have everything deactivated in its performance-management tool.

Well done ! The new Helsinki installer without ASE works for me. But what about the other Airports I can´t use anymore ( Bari, Toulouse, Hahn ) ? Will there be also versions without ASE available ?

Regards, Guenther

Hopefully something will happen with those installers too, like me, i use AS2012 on a networked computer, and surely AS2012 uses simconnect to "talk to FSX". No problem at all with that, until this great Aerosoft "thing" must be installed to get this tree scenery working, AseData.dll.

After i have started and stopped FSX and AS2012, first time i do this, no problem, but second (maybe more also, have not try that) time i start FSX and AS2012 on my networked setup. there are no contact between AS2012 and FSX...hmmm.

Simconnect issue, ok. I restart my computers and everything is ok, FSX and AS2012 talk to each other again.

Like it is now, i have uninstalled those tree scenery's and that ********** AseData module, and now everything is back to normal, i can start and stop FSX and AS2012 on my network setup without any simconnect issue.

Aerosoft, please fix this behavior so i (we) can use these tree scenery's again. Like it is now, we have to restart computers after every time if we use that AseData module, if not, there are some simconnect problems.

Why can't you use that Launcher instead to register those scenery's, with that, no problem, instead of making trouble for Paying Customers?

Stein-Ove :angry:

Fixed the problem with ASE_Data.dll on my System. All Airports like Bari, Hahn etc. are fine now and showing all the buildings.

First of all I replaced the current FSX.cfg with an older one ( one before I installed Helsinki for the first time when all the problems started ).

Then I downloaded the standalone http://aerosoft2.de/...DULES_V1004.exe and installed that version.

Regards, Guenther

• 4 weeks later...

Fixed the problem with ASE_Data.dll on my System. All Airports like Bari, Hahn etc. are fine now and showing all the buildings.

First of all I replaced the current FSX.cfg with an older one ( one before I installed Helsinki for the first time when all the problems started ).

Then I downloaded the standalone http://aerosoft2.de/...DULES_V1004.exe and installed that version.

Regards, Guenther

This didn't work for me. I have win7 64bit.

Are there any other solutions?

Hi,

please download and install the latest version of Ase-Modules. Download here:

https://www.aerosoft...S_V1009_FSX.zip

if doesn't, please send me (maria.plet@aerosoft.com) log-files:

You’ll find the log-files (aseDataLog.txt, aseLoadLog.txt) here:

• Windows XP

german:
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<User-Name>\Anwendungsdaten\Aerosoft\logFSX
    english:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User-Name>\Application Data\Aerosoft\logFSX

• Windows 7 and Windows 8

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Aerosoft\logFSX

Thanks.

Maria Plet

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maria, it would be very helpfull to have a permanent link to the latest ASE module somewhere on Aerosofts website (Update section or Launcher website). It is not easy to point other to the correct location, when you always have to search the forum for the link.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi,

please download and install the latest version of Ase-Modules. Download here:

https://www.aerosoft...S_V1009_FSX.zip

if doesn't, please send me (maria.plet@aerosoft.com) log-files:

You’ll find the log-files (aseDataLog.txt, aseLoadLog.txt) here:

• Windows XP

german:
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<User-Name>\Anwendungsdaten\Aerosoft\logFSX
    english:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User-Name>\Application Data\Aerosoft\logFSX

• Windows 7 and Windows 8

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Aerosoft\logFSX

Thanks.

Maria Plet

Thank you very much, I installed this version and it's now fixed! No more crashing on exit.

Even better is to download the newest version of Helsinki and get rid of this troublesome ASE-modul.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Archived