Helsinki & AseData.dll

Mike Ionas

yep i agree it should be that way, so it crash every time it´s a big problem, as you can´t changes settings in fsx as it errase it when FSX crash + some data is lost and over time the sim would get slow by it as it every time fails to run properly futher more i also se what some describe in here that the file itself slow FSX i tryeid it now by turn off the file my sim quicly load quick if i select time possision and aircraft whit it off fsx does as in the start runs whit out that big problem.. but here whit the file on the system lags and take some extra time to respond also a indication the click sound is coming at randomly... so yes i see the problem and never said my solution was a god way only it worked whit out crashing FSX..

so as said im also not agains product registration and sececurity as long as it dosent block or in otherway interfear whit the user experince.. i know i sometimes sound like a angry old man but it´s just iritating that we live in a world where it is so, some times i just think why could there just be a system like Steam where every add-on was locked to a user accound.. and that way be protected

By the way i like the way flight1 handels it.. you also have a limit where you need to do some stuff to contiue the use but its done easy by just fill the formular at the flight1 page whit some personal informations.. then you get a link you need to open then its ready to re-register (if you reached the limit) it´s just a few min you have to get it working and the way they use works quit well you cant just think after registration i could give it to any one as they also use a file to idetify if you purchsed it but it never caused a problem the way whit the file on your system (hope they contiue that way problem free i mean but so far no problem)

so its a sad thing that the costumers are payeing the price here

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say it doesn't do anything if FSX crash after closing it you are obviously not using simconnect because this FSX module will hang and to make it working again you need to reboot the PC. That is annoying and should not behave like this.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

This. No other scenery developer/retailer expects you to reboot after using their scenery in FSX. Why is this acceptable for Aerosoft?

• Deputy Sheriffs

You say it doesn't do anything if FSX crash after closing it you are obviously not using simconnect because this FSX module will hang and to make it working again you need to reboot the PC. That is annoying and should not behave like this.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry Fred, but I wouldn't have said so, if not knowing better: This only happens, when you close FSX with this Error Message box. If you do so (and thats valid for any program) running services can not be shut down. If you simply leave the message box open for a few seconds and then close it also the simconnect service will be shut down properly and there is no need to restart the computer.

And yes, I'm using a few programs connecting via simconnect. ;)

But in principle I agree that this should be fixed.

(not going to comment these both nice guys above)

All kind of failure with software should be fixed, and specially if this software has no other purpose than beeing a registration tool and a fancy anti-piracy tool.

De-installed Bari , Helsinki and deleted the ASE folder since I can´t use the Addons anyway.

I am not willing to spend endless time getting this problem solved. in the Future I´ll not buy any product which hasn´t

tested properly.

Regards, Guenther

well if we are lucky i have send shaun a tip yesterday of a thing i noticed that was changsed since the privius version and ofcause there are things changsed els it would be a update and im not much in to the programing stuff. and is why i cant try corect it my self... but it was a thing that seemed odd.. but im not gona say what it is...just that if we are lucky it could be corected in the near future thats my hope if i found the reason..

No luck with latest version of the ASE-Module 1.0.0.8 still can´t use Bari, Hahn, Toulouse and Helsinki since FSX crashes if I allow ASE_Data.dll.

Are there any other products than these 4, using the ASE modules?

I am particularly interested in EDNY, EDDE, EDDR and LGMK.

I have ASE modules 1.0.0.4 (from Toulouse and Bari - which I own). They work good on my system. I don't want to mess them up with a new version installed.

I feel for you guys having this problem but I find it very strange why some have it and other don't. I'm lucky enough to not have this problem and just checked and I have the 1.0.0.7 version of the file. As I said in a post in the beginning of this thread I was scared to upgrade EFHK reading about the problems with this file so I made certain to have a fresh and complete backup before I decided to upgrade but to my joy I never got any problems.

Without having read through every single post in this thread if I were you and to help the developers address your problem I would try to find similarities like what version of Windows you're running, what other addons you have installed etc etc but guess you already did this? I have lots of stuff installed including:

18 Aerosoft airports plus AES and also lots of airport sceneries from other developers

GEX

UTX

FsGenesis

AS 2012 SP2

OpusFSX

IvAp (online IVAO pilot client)

SweetFX

AivlaSoft EFB

PMDG NGX

FS2Crew for the NGX (Voice Edition)

I'm running this in FSX SP2 on a Win7 x64 Ultimate Ed machine with a GTX 680 graphics card using the latest Nvidia drivers.

I'll keep my fingers crossed you eventually find a solution to this problem because I'm all too familiar with how annoying it is to have these kind of problems and how they spoil all the fun with FS.

well i dont think its related to any other add-on as i have same problem on a clean system i also test on more than 1 operating system and it makes no difference.. it seems that it works for some and not others i would nearly link it to the problems whit a serten file for airbus X.. as here on my system´s it act nearly the same way as if i start FSX want to set airport, time and plane the system creates some mis matches and is sloer then whit out the ASE file it actualy slows the hole simulator.. the only difference is that when that happend to airbus X the sim could crash... thats now hapenig at exit like Airbus X did.. and prevent goflight and fsinn from closing down... but also affect the hole sim thats not as it should be.. by using run as admin it would not start the sim and whit out it the sim starts but crash at exit.. does that sound right...

In some way it just seems some systems can get over a big issue and other mashines can´t as if i should say the true story i think something isen´t right and is why some mashines ignore and other find a error and crash... because i try diferent os and both sp2 and acceleration to find a cause but i cant find any it acts the same way on a clean mashine..

And yes i got contacted and did what they want me to test but dident work so far

Im not sure that is true as stated above its more a issue some mashines can handle.. as what i have been reading is that by exit it dosent unload the file thats as i can see in some of the crass reports and there for not related to your pc as then it would give you such message that it faild to unload a given file as shown on the very first page it gives you directly info: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...Fault Module Name: AseData.dll_unloaded but thats on exit.. but at start up i told my system gets slow and thats mabe what cause some systems to faill already there.. and i have said i have seen some visual changes and reported some odd things...but if thats only that i cant say but the version that is before helsinki seemed to work whit out affecting the system so i just wounder what have happend....

Not sure if I'm following you now but if you say one clean system has the problem and another clean system don't I can't see how it could be anything else but hardware, drivers or OS related. Also what you're saying about problems unloading the dll doesn't that in fact indicate an OS issue?

Seems to be a very tricky problem for sure!

no both systems fails..

And about problems unloading the dll no not at this time as its a report from fsx and the AseData.dll is the file the flightsim starts its in the hiden FSX folder under dll.xml and thats what it´s refering to thats where the flightsim start the AseData.dll in the aerosoft folder and yes its complicated to explane but thats how it is in reality if you self created a dll file and want it to run when fsx start you have to create a entry in the dll.xml to get it loaded by flightsim.

and about unloading to give some thing to compare to PMDG uses a load and unload in this location but is only required depending on how you program it i guess

ok guys i just got this airport to help you out, as i dont think it would be a place to fly that much for me personaly as i never fly there. I see the problem as well but found a solution i hope, as i just made a few test and i want you to try set your FSX.EXE file to compatible mode windows XP SP2 as shown on the picture and the othere things whit check marks.. open this properties by right click on the FSX.EXE icon then you should se the window as described. realy hope it solves your problems best regards L.N.

Nonsense, Turn off the XP SP2 mode, because it only creates problems

Thats how it worked and no it actualy worked if you used microsoft troble shooter you find that it ad vise you to run xp sp 2 mode it´s not something i advise but microsoft.. and it worked at the time it was posted.. that it dident work for all is that they have programs thats not bulid to work whit that setting like some programs in here thats not microsfts problem as it worked for that time beeing and they could only consern about what they create.. as i know some problems happend for windows vista users when that came some programs had to run in compatible mode of XP and why because not always new and old programs are fitting each other so it is right...

but im a bit diserpointed to see such an message as all i try here is to help, and such reply dosent give me the feel that i want to help another time, But as you might see there have been relaesed a new version of helsinki..

Thats how it worked and no it actualy worked if you used microsoft troble shooter you find that it ad vise you to run xp sp 2 mode it´s not something i advise but microsoft.. and it worked at the time it was posted.. that it dident work for all is that they have programs thats not bulid to work whit that setting like some programs in here thats not microsfts problem as it worked for that time beeing and they could only consern about what they create.. as i know some problems happend for windows vista users when that came some programs had to run in compatible mode of XP and why because not always new and old programs are fitting each other so it is right...

but im a bit diserpointed to see such an message as all i try here is to help, and such reply dosent give me the feel that i want to help another time, But as you might see there have been relaesed a new version of helsinki..

Ok, I'm sorry. But I just follow Umberto's advise from FSDT.

Thank you Aerosoft for making this airport without the ASE module. It makes life so much easier. Hope to see this happening to the other sceneries as well.

Do we know which airports use ASE? It was installed before Helsinki for me without issues but I do not recall which airport(s) it was installed with. Problems started with Helsinki v1.10 and ASE v1.0.0.7..

Archived